- About 6-7 months ago The Lanza Legend was approached
by the Philadelphia Humanities Society to help with their project to promote
Mario Lanza. The original program, which has already aired, was a huge
success. It will now be presented on the Y-ARTS channel in Philadelphia.
We here at The Lanza Legend are proud to have been, in conjunction with
The Mario Lanza Institute, a part of this program. Below is the schedule
of the airings along with the letter to The Lanza Legend.
- "Good news, Bob and Damon. Humanities Live
will be presented on the Y ARTS channel (Comcast 241) for five weeks in
a row starting Wednesday April 23 at 9PM. 'Mario Lanza, The Meteor'
will premier on May 7. Other programs will be April 30, May 14 and
- Here's the complete line-up:
- Connie Mack 4-23
- Best-seller Cinema 4-30
- ***Mario Lanza 5-7
- Pennsylvania Poetry 5-14
- Caribbean Social Dance 5-21
- After the Wednesday premier, repeats will be scheduled:
- Thursday 10PM
- Friday 11PM
- Saturday 8PM
- Sunday 2PM
- Monday 5PM
- Tuesday 8PM
- We are still in the final stages of editing. The
show looks great. I think you'll be pleased when you see it finished.
(And, of course, we will be sure to send you a DVD copy of the show
once it airs on Y ARTS.)
- Thank you so much for all of your support particularly
all of the photographs and videotapes that you shared -- during the taping
and editing of the show. We couldn't have done it without you.
- As part of our PR efforts we'll be putting together e-mail
announcements on the airings. We'll e-mail those to you so that you
can forward them to interested members, friends, and family. Please
note that we have revised our website to announce the airings."
- Bob Dolfi / Damon Lanza
- Lanza Legend Newsletter
- PO Box 6742
- San Pedro, Ca. 90732