- The much-publicised protests at the World Trade Organisation
meeting in Seattle are to be followed by a similar demonstraton at a joint
meeting of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in
Washington D.C. on April 16th.
- The World Trade Organisation is an Illuminati creation
to make it impossible for a nation state to control its own economy and
to decide what it produces within its own borders and what it imports from
outside.Countries now face enormous fines and sanctions if they stop "free
trade" through their borders. Free trade in these terms means to give
the transnational corporations and major industrial countries the right
to dump their products anywhere they like and, in doing so, destroy the
local businesses and economies of their targeted nations.
- This has been particularly devastating in so-called Third
World countries, but the industrial nations of the north are also being
seriously affected by this in the destruction of local businesses, industries,
and job opportunities. That's the idea. To make all countries and their
people dependent on, and subservient to, the global system which the Illuminati
not only controls, but actually created. The first two heads of the World
Trade Organisation (WTO) have been members of the Bilderberg Group and
the first, Peter D. Sutherland, of Ireland, now head of British Petroleum
(BP), is a major Illuminati operator.
- The World Bank and the IMF are two masks on the same
Illuminati face which interconnect with the World Trade Organisation to
form a global network of trade, business, and financial control which is
allowing the economies of nations to be manipulated and dictated by a few
people at the peak of the global pyramid. The three organisations - and
many others - are inseparable. They are the same people under different
- You may recall the public protests at the last World
Trade Organisation meeting in Seattle when protesters were arrested and
beaten for their peaceful challenge to this global agenda, and how agent-provocateurs
were used by the authorities to smash windows and justify the police and
- The World Bank-IMF meeting is in Washington on April
16th and here are two articles being distributed on the web which are calling
for a similar protest there. I am all for this, so long as it remains peaceful
at all times. - _____
- Another WTO Protest Planned
- Organizers of the WTO protests in Seattle are gearing
up for similar massive anti-globalist demonstrations in Wash ington, D.C.,
when the world's financial leaders gather this April.
- By James P. Tucker Jr. Exclusive to The SPOTLIGHT 4-5-00
- More than 60 organizations, ranging from the ideological
left to followers of Pat Buchanan, plan Seattle-style demonstrations April
16 when the World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF) meet in Washington.
- It is to be a "strong stand against corporate globalization,"
said Mark Weisbrot, co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research
in Washington. His latest conclusions were presented at a press conference
by the umbrella group, Mobilization for Global Justice, on March 14.
- The groups plan to lobby Congress, hold educational forums
and conduct peaceful demonstrations during the annual joint meeting of
the World Bank and IMF.
- Police said they are prepared to block the type of violence
that shut down a meeting of the World Trade Organization last November
- Many of the participating groups object to the World
Trade Organization (WTO), World Bank, IMF and such trade agreements as
the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). And they point to victories
attributable to their popular resistance.
- "Although NAFTA was ratified, more recent efforts
to extend this model have so far been defeated," Weisbrot said. He
cited Congress' rejection of the Free Trade Area of the Americas"a
34-nation extension of NAFTA.
- David Rockefeller, a power in Bilderberg and its brother
group, the Trilateral Commission (TC), has publicly called for expanding
NAFTA to include all the Western Hemisphere, a preliminary to establishing
an "American Union" similar to the European Union.
- The Multinational Agreement on Investment, another NAFTA-expander,
and "fast track" authority for the administration to negotiate
trade deals that could be voted up or down "but not changed by Congress"
have also failed to pass, Weisbrot said.
- "Although most people don't know much about it,
there is an institution that causes more harm to working people than NAFTA:
that is the IMF," said Weisbrot, a Ph.D. in economics who has written
on the subject for the Cornell International Law Journal and other publications.
- "This is not a conspiracy theory; almost all of
what we know about the IMF is in the form of publicly available information,"
Weisbrot said. "The information is there, but there are a couple of
reasons that the IMF and its practices receive little attention.
- "First, the IMF deliberately tries to keep a low
profile: its practices are as secretive and unaccountable as it can get
away with," he said. "And second, the IMF hides behind a veil
of 'technical expertise,' with the result that most people don't try to
find out what it does."
- The IMF imposes NAFTA-like conditions on countries. Just
as NAFTA made it easier for U.S. corporations to move their operations
to Mexico, he said, the IMF makes it easier for them to move almost anywhere
in the world.
- "It forces governments to rewrite their laws, as
NAFTA did to Mexico, so that they are more favorable to foreign investors,"
Weisbrot said. "This drives down wages everywhere and especially in
those countries like the United States where businesses can threaten to
move when workers try to unionize or demand higher pay. It also leads to
job losses when these employers actually move their operations out of the
- The IMF also forces countries to produce for export instead
of domestic markets, causing global gluts that drive down prices and wages
and encourage "dumping," he said. "Many of the 12,000 [U.S.]
steel workers who lost their jobs over the last year are casualties of
IMF policies in countries like South Korea, Russia and Brazil."
- SIGHTINGS HOMEPAGE
Site Served by TheHostPros