- I am hopeful that someone might be familiar with the
following account from a 1952 newspaper article and could kindly resolve
a few questions which arise.
- Would anyone know of this Joseph Rohrer, if he was who
he said he was? If so...why would he be presenting this information in
a meeting of this nature? Whatever came of him, or has anything been said
otherwise to lend credence to the following remarks?
- I'll be looking forward to any insight or comments on
- Thanks, Kenny Young
- Flying Saucer Talk Startles Chamber Membership Meeting
Pueblo [Colorado] Chieftain, Page Three July 23, 1952
- A three-foot tall pilot of a flying saucer from another
planet has been kept alive in an incubator room in the state of California
for two years, and progress is being made in efforts to communicate with
him, startled Chamber of Commerce members were advised here Tuesday.
- Information on the still mysterious individual who reportedly
was rescued from a "saucer crash" in Montana was divulged at
the Vail hotel luncheon by Joseph Rohrer, president of the Pikes Peak Broadcasting
- The reputed lone survivor among crews of three saucers
that have fallen in that state "has been shown pictures and has shown
great interest in them and primary steps used in teaching a child to read
and write are being employed," the speaker stated.
- In his revealing talk Rohrer said dissection of dead
pilots from the craft disclose that the only basic difference in anatomy
is that their bone structure is heavier and their stomachs are smaller.
- The speaker, alleging that he was inside one of the seven
flying saucers at a California federal base in 1942, said that the mechanisms
are giant flywheels covered with metal skins.
- He stated that the saucers are covered by electrostatic
turbines and have cabins in the center. The cabins are pressurized and
have an atmosphere containing 30 percent oxygen and 70 percent nitrogen.
- Thru use of the flywheel, a magnetic field is created
which permits the saucers to travel at tremendous speeds, said Rohrer,
who became interested in flying saucers as the result of a thesis he wrote
on electronic tubes used to measure electronic tubes during his college
training in electrical engineering.
- "If a magnetic field is opened around the earth
it would be possible to travel at about the speed of light," he stated.
"They have never tried to fly the saucers that have been captured.
They are put together in five sections and come apart easily after the
center section is removed.
- "I have been in one which is 100 feet in diameter
and 18 feet thick," Rohrer stated. "The sleeping quarters for
crew members are tubes with caps on the ends and the cabin was pressurized
and air conditioned."
- The color of flying saucers changes because of the magnetic
field set up by the magnetic motors, he said. Reports of a flying saucer
seen successively over Colorado Springs, Pueblo and Trinidad have made
it possible to estimate its speed at more than 1,000 miles per hour. Six
weeks ago a space ship was traced for 600 miles as it flew across Australia
and in Seattle, Wash., all electrical appliances were burned out or fuses
were blown in one section of town when a flying saucer "turned on
power in the vicinity of a power line," Rohrer maintained.
- Little information has been released by the government
on flying saucers because of the possible panic that might result and because
some religious leaders object to the thought of other universes, he stated.
Venus, with its cloud covering, is one of the most likely planets in the
solar system to support life, but there are 22 other known solar systems
which have satellites similar to the earth's. By traveling at the speed
of light and waiting until Venus and the earth were closest in their orbits
around the sun, it would take about two years to fly to Venus and return,
he pointed out.
- Flying saucers first became evident when radar was being
developed in 1942 and "unknown" objects appeared on radar screens.
- The air force set up a commission to study saucer reports
in 1947 and discovered that 20 per cent of the reports could not be explained
satisfactorily. The air defense command at Colorado Springs has a unit
designed to study the saucers and a pin- marked map showing saucer reports
indicate they are seen frequently around military installations and atomic
research centers, he added.
- End of article
- UFO Research http://home.fuse.net/ufo/
- SIGHTINGS HOMEPAGE
Site Served by TheHostPros