- PRESS RELEASE -- issued by Bob Stewart, Bureau of Land
Management, State of Nevada:
- SUBJECT: Citation for Creating a Hazard Issued in Lincoln
County to DOD Test Site Worker
- WHO/WHAT: BLM Nevada law enforcement issued a citation
Saturday, June 16, to James Manner for creating a hazard. Lincoln County
Sheriff's deputies assisted in the issuance. Manner is a part-time worker
at the Department of Defense's Nevada Test Site. On June 3, Manner was
driving to work and came upon a group of protesters gathered on public
land just outside the east entrance of the test site. BLM Law Enforcement
Ranger Bill Wagers was on duty at the scene and observed the incident.
The driver did not exercise due caution when approaching the group standing
in the road. No one was injured.
- A video phtographer was filming the group, ostensibly
for Discovery TV, and captured the incident on film. Anthony Hilder, a
former radio talk show host from the Los Angeles are, was a member of the
group, as is Norio Hayakawa, who is one of the sponsors of the website
www.dreamlandresort.com. Hayakawa has posted the story on the website.
They have contacted Las Vegas-area media outlets, and BLM is providing
the citation information to local outlets today. Members of the protest
group have stated they will file a criminal complaint against the driver
with the Lincoln County Sheriff, unless apology is issued by the driver.
- --end of Press Release issued by Bureau of Land Management,
State of Nevada.
- Attached Link: http://www.sightings.com/general11/51.htm
Criminal Charges To Be Filed Against 'Area 51 Worker'