- PANACA, Nevada - James Manner,
Lincoln County Commissioner and resident of Panaca, Nevada, today admitted
that he was the driver of the white Ford truck on Groom Lake Road on Sunday,
June 3, 2001, when the People's Rally at Area 51 was taking place.
- Manner stated that he was not aware that he is about
to be charged with attempted vehicular manslaughter.
- "I didn't want to be stopped by those 'folks' and
I had no intention of bodily harm", said Manner.
- He also said that he "slowed down" when he
saw the crowd at the restricted boundary line.
- But, according to eye-witnesses, instead of slowing down,
Manner was alleged to have stepped on the gas pedal to 50 to 60 miles per
hour as he began to see the crowd and did not honk at all.
- Manner also today admitted that he works for the D.O.E.
However, he did not mention that he was on his way to work at Groom Lake,
even though he sped past the boundary line towards Groom Lake (Area 51)
- He said that he will talk to the District Attorney on
- Related Links:
- <http://www.sightings.com/general11/51d.htm Area 51
Worker Cited By BLM For Vehicle Endangerment At Rally
- <http://www.sightings.com/general11/51.htm Criminal
Charges To Be Filed Against 'Area 51 Worker'
- (The question here is: what was a Lincoln County Commissioner
doing at Area 51/Groom Lake?)
- Additional information:
- Lincoln County Board of Commissioners Lincoln County
Courthouse Pioche, Nevada 89043 Tel. (775-962-5390)