- Police in Helgeland, north central Norway, have been
getting a rash of reported UFO sightings, while a woman in the northern
town of Bodø insists a small flying object landed in her
- It's enough to spur images from the "War of the
Worlds," and police chief Roar Tøgersen doesn't see any reason
to doubt that people are describing what they actually saw.
- Tøgersen says several more people have come
after news reports carried the account of three people in the town of
who dove for cover when they saw a low-flying, whirling object hurtle
the night skies.
- "We also have several other witness observations
of the same phenomenon in the same time frame on Sunday,"
said. He's been in contact with Norway's Department of Defense, but says
they haven't made any observations of their own.
- Other people have reported sightings of additional UFOs
that apparently resemble small, brightly lit balls. While the larger object
over Mosjøen emitted no noise whatsoever, Tøgersen says the
smaller objects are reported to have made a hissing sound.
- But the most remarkable reports came from the northern
city of Bodø. There, a woman went out of her house to smoke a
Suddenly, she says, a flying object landed on her lawn, stood there awhile,
and then lifted off and flew away.
- What's more, two other separate individuals reported
the same sighting, at the same time, on Saturday evening. One of the two
was driving his car when he spotted it flying over Vefsnfjorden, while
another saw it while out on a veranda. Both reported that it was brightly
- Aftenposten's Norwegian reporter Frode
- Aftenposten Interactive English Desk Nina Berglund
Site Served by TheHostPros