- "...God bless my family. I love my wife & children
more than life itself. Everything I do is for the future of all my children.
They may not understand why I have sacrificed so much, why I am so dedicated
to this work; but someday they will. I want them to know they are the most
important People in my life, and how very, very much I love them..."
- William Cooper
- EAGER, AZ - William Cooper has been killed and an Apache
County sheriff's deputy wounded in a shootout, authorities said.
- William Milton Cooper, 58, of Eager, had hosted a talk
show broadcast on the Worldwide Christian Radio out of Nashville, which
receives it via phone from his home in St. Johns.
- The deputy, whose name was being withheld by authorities,
was shot twice in the head while trying to arrest Cooper, a state Department
of Public Safety spokesman said today. Cooper was killed by another officer.
- Several deputies were attempting to arrest Cooper, who
was armed with a handgun, said Officer Steve Volden, a spokesman for the
DPS, which was investigating the shooting.
- He said details of the shooting would be released later
- The deputy was in critical condition at a Phoenix hospital
early today, Volden said.
- Cooper was one of the most widely known Shortwave radio
broadcast, "the Hour of the Time", heard worldwide and on the
Internet. "William Cooper may be one of America's greatest heroes
and this story may be the biggest story in the history of the world."
said Mills Crenshaw, KTALK, Salt Lake City.
- William Cooper was reared in an Air Force family. As
a child he lived in many different countries, graduating from Yamato High
School in Japan. Since he has traveled through or lived in many different
foreign countries Mr. Cooper has a world view much different than most
- William served with the Strategic Air Command, United
States Air Force. He held a secret clearance working on B-52 bombers, KC-135
refueling aircraft, and Minuteman missiles. William received his Honorable
Discharge from the United States Air Force in 1965.
- William joined the United States Navy fulfilling a dream
previously frustrated by chronic motion sickness. He served aboard the
submarine USS Tiru (SS-416), USS Tombigbee (AOG-11), Naval Support Activity
Danang RVN, Naval Security and Intelligence Camp Carter RVN, Danang Harbor
Patrol RVN, Dong Ha River Security Group RVN, USS Charles Berry (DE-1035),
Headquarters Commander in Chief Pacific Fleet, USS Oriskany (CVA-34).
- Cooper was a member of the Office of Naval Security and
Intelligence serving as a Harbor and River Patrol Boat Captain at Danang
and the Dong Ha River Security Group, Cua Viet, Republic of Vietnam. William
Cooper was awarded several medals for his leadership and heroism during
combat including two with "V" for Valor.
- He served on the Intelligence Briefing Team for the Commander
In Chief of the Pacific Fleet. William was the Petty Officer of the Watch
and designated KL-47 SPECAT operator in the CINCPACFLT Command Center at
Makalapa Hawaii. There he held a Top Secret, Q, SI, security clearance.
- William Cooper achieved the rank of First Class Petty
Officer, QM1, E- 6 after only 8 years of Naval service, a difficult task
in any branch of the United States military. William Cooper received an
Honorable Discharge from the United States Navy on December 11, 1975.
- William attended Long Beach City College where he picked
up an Associate of Science Degree in Photography. He founded the Absolute
Image Studio and Gallery of Fine Art Photography in Long Beach, California.
- William held the position of Executive Director of Adelphi
Business College, Pacific Coast Technical Institute, and National Technical
College. Mr. Cooper was the National Marketing Coordinator for National
Education and Software.
- He produced several documentaries covering subjects such
as the Kennedy assassination and secret black projects that have built
flying disk shaped craft. William is an internationally acclaimed radio
personality broadcasting the Hour Of The Time on WBCQ worldwide short-wave
7.415 MHz from 10 PM until 11 PM Eastern Standard Time (0300 to 0400 UTC)
Monday through Thursday nights.
- William Cooper is the author of Behold A Pale Horse.
The book has become the best selling underground book of all time. It is
read and promoted by word of mouth by People of all races, religions, and
- Mr. Cooper is a world class lecturer, one of the few
other than superstars, monarchs, and Popes who have appeared at Wembly
in London. William Cooper has lectured for 10 years in every State.
- William Cooper, Trustee, has founded for Harvest Trust,
the CAJI News Service, VERITAS national full size newspaper, The Intelligence
Service, Harvest Publications, and has helped over 700 low power FM affiliate
stations get equipped and on the air... including the station he managed
as Trustee for the Independence Foundation Trust, 101.1 FM Eagar, Arizona,
broadcasting to 7,000 people.
- Under his leadership Harvest Trust ventured into the
publishing trade. The first book under the Harvest Trust imprint was Oklahoma
City: Day One by Michele Marie Moore... the definitive classic on the Oklahoma
City bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building on April 19, 1995.
- Shortly after the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah federal
building Rush Limbaugh read a White House memo on the air during his broadcast
which named William Cooper, "...the most dangerous radio host in America".
Mr. Cooper considers William Clinton's pronouncement the greatest compliment
that he has ever received.
- William Cooper's FBI file, promulgated by the investigation
required by his security clearances while in military service, was one
of those unlawfully in possession of the White House in what has become
known as, "Filegate". Shortly after this discovery President
Clinton ordered all federal agencies to begin investigation, persecution,
and prosecution of Mr. Cooper to shut him up.
- After years of filing FOIA requests and researching the
IRS William Cooper brought suit against the IRS in Federal District Court
in Phoenix Arizona to force the IRS to produce proof of jurisdiction and
delegation of authority which the IRS was unable to do. To short circuit
Mr. Cooper's attempt to reveal the true nature of the criminal IRS, and
to carry out the orders of the White House, the agency lied to a Grand
Jury, not allowing William Cooper to testify, and secured indictments against
Mr. Cooper and his wife Annie. This ploy successfully stopped Mr. Cooper
from continuing his suit against the criminal IRS for fear of being arrested.
- In 1998 VERITAS and Harvest Publications was sold to
Hallmark Creative Corporation along with the copyright and all rights to
all written material produced or ever to be produced by William Cooper
including Behold A Pale Horse and Oklahoma City: Day one. Hallmark Creative
Corporation has contracted to insure this material is always available
to the public.
- In 1998 copyrights and all rights to all audio and video
material produced or ever to be produced by William Cooper was sold to
Excel Studios Corporation including the Hour Of The Time broadcast. Excel
Studios has contracted to insure this material is always available to the
- In March of 1999, Cooper William Sent his family out
of the United States for their security. He lived and worked alone with
his two dogs, one rooster, and one chicken.