- Dear Mr. Rense,
- I am probably one of your oldest readers. Our young
generation today have no comprehension of propaganda. But for someone like
me who lived in Germany during the Nazi era, watching the 'news'/propaganda
today in the USA is very reminiscent of my early years in Germany. I am
enclosing a few quotes by Hitler.
- Sincerely yours, Martina
- Some selections from "Mein Kampf" by Adolf
- "The German people have no idea of the extent to
which they have to be gulled in order to be led."
- "The size of the lie is a definite factor in causing
it to be believed, for the vast masses of the nation are in the depths
of their hearts more easily deceived than they are consciously and
bad. The primitive simplicity of their minds renders them a more easy prey
to a big lie than a small one, for they themselves often tell little lies
but would be ashamed to tell a big one."
- "All propaganda must be so popular and on such an
intellectual level, that even the most stupid of those towards whom it
is directed will understand it. Therefore, the intellectual level of the
propaganda must be lower the larger the number of people who are to be
influenced by it."
- "Through clever and constant application of
people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way around,
to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise."
- "The best political weapon is the weapon of terror.
Cruelty commands respect. Men may hate us. But, we don't ask for their
love; only for their fear."
- "The leader of genius must have the ability to make
different opponents appear as if they belonged to one category.
- "This year will go down in history. For the first
time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be
safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into
- ...sometimes, Hitler makes sense too:
- "Universal education is the most corroding and
poison that liberalism has ever invented for its own
- When an opponent declares, "I will not come over
to your side," I calmly say, "Your child belongs to us
are you? You will pass on. Your descendants, however, now stand in the
new camp. In a short time they will know nothing else but this new
- "The broad masses of a population are more amenable
to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force."
- "What luck for rulers, that men do not
- From David M. Deane
- Just thought you'd like to know that the following Hitler
quote is bogus:
- "This year will go down in history. For the
first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will
be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead
into the future!"
- There wasn't much "gun control" in Hitler's
Germany (not to be confused with German actions in conquered countries).
What "gun registration" which did exist was enacted by the Weimar
Republic, almost a decade before Hitler came to power. Hitler did not
guns from ordinary Germans: the Allied armies did that. Ironically,
Germany had freer gun laws than any country in Europe today.
- This is not meant to cast any "positive" light
on Hitler, but to draw your attention to the historical anachronism of
the bogus quote: gun registration was not a political issue during the
1930's in Germany, and Hitler would never have made such a boast. It would
never have occurred to Hitler to credit gun registration (which he did
not do) for the streets being safe: Hitler would have credited his rise
to power for peace and safety (ie, all the nasty communists were locked
up, hence no more street fighting).
- There simply was not that much crime in 1930's Germany
to begin with: the above bogus quote in fact sounds like a product of
America, when crime was in fact just starting to become a big political
issue (hence the anachronism of projecting the issue of street crime back
on to 1930's Germany, where it hardly existed and was not a political
Site Served by TheHostPros