- MUZAFFARABAD - Pakistan last
night said it had attacked Indian army bunkers after a civilian was killed
and at least 12 others injured by heavy shelling across the Kashmir
- Pakistani troops destroyed four "strong" India
army bunkers and damaged several others in the retaliatory strikes, a
ministry official told the state-run Associated Press of Pakistan.
- An ammunition stockpile nearby was also set ablaze in
the firing, the official said.
- India meanwhile, said two of its border troops were
and three injured during the exchanges, as the two countries remained on
high alert amid Indian demands that Pakistan act against militants on its
- The Pakistani defence ministry official said India had
begun the firing across the de facto border in the disputed state.
- "The Indian army started unprovoked firing and
in Poonch Rawalkot sector along the Line of Control (LoC) using artillery,
heavy and light mortar and other automatic weapons," he said.
- "Pakistani troops deployed along the LoC gave a
befitting response to the Indian firing and shelling and targeted bunkers
of the enemy."