- Jammu (PTI) - Pakistani
today pounded Indian positions with heavy rockets, mortar bombs and high
explosive anti-tank (heat) shells in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir,
official sources said here.
- Pakistani field guns and Multi-Barrel Rocket Launchers
(MBRLS) pounded Indian positions and civilian areas from 9 A.M in Digwar,
Khandu, Karmara and Gulpur, Khair and Jaoan areas of Poonch sector, the
sources told PTI.
- The Pakistani troops also fired some heat shells besides
rockets and heavy mortar shells in the areas. Due to the fear more than
2000 people migrated to safer places from several villages along the Line
of Control (LoC) in Poonch, they said.
- The shelling was on when reports last came in from the
areas and the situation was bad, the sources said.
- However, three persons were injured in this shelling
and were hospitalised, they added.
- Indian troops have shelled Pakistani positions opposite
of these areas in retaliation. There was no report about the casualty or
damage on other side, the sources said..
- Meanwhile, low intensity mortar shelling and firing was
reported from Baam, Bhawani, Jangard, Pallanwala, Kerni, Blakote, Ghambir
and Krishanagati areas along LoC in Jammu-Poonch sector, the sources
- It was almost quite along the International Border in
Jammu sector, the sources said adding small arms fire was resorted to by
Pakistani troops intermittently during night.
- Copyright © 2002 Press Trust of India Ltd. All