- On Monday, 28 January 28, 2002, "Insight
available on Vision TV in Canada, will try to answer the following
"What Happened on 9/11 and why aren't the mainstream media asking
- On the last edition of "Insight MediaFile"
(first broadcast on 21 January) the show's host -- media critic Barrie
Zwicker -- dared to suggest in his weekly commentary that the CIA, Pentagon
and White House may be complicit in the horrendous events of Sept. 11th,
- That commentary was the first in a series on MediaFile
that will deal with this important issue. MediaFile is perhaps the first
current affairs TV program in Canada to raise this possibility.
- Barrie Zwicker says that following that show, "the
program's senior producer, executive producer and program director decided
we'll devote the whole of next Monday's program [28 January] to 'What
on 9/11 and why aren't the mainstream media asking that question?' It will
lead off with our most extended viewer feedback segment ever, followed
by the media panel on that topic, followed by Part 2 of my series. All
- A RealAudio clip of his 21 January 2002 commentary can
be viewed at: http://clients.loudey
- A transcript of that commentary follows:
- *** begin transcript ***
- What really happened on Sept. 11th? 9/11 -
- For four months Iíve been waiting in vain for
the North American media to pursue questions about the startling events
of September 11th. Hereís what I want to know:
- The multiple hijackings are unprecedented. The first
occurs at 7:45 in the morning. Itís a full hour before the first
plane hits the World Trade Center. But itís an hour and 20 minutes
-- and after the second plane hits ñ that the President allegedly
becomes informed. Think about that.
- Then, he gives no orders. Why? He continues to listen
to a student talk about her pet goat. Why?
- Itís another 25 minutes until he makes a
even as flight 77 is making a bee-line for Washington, DC.
- In the almost two hours of the total drama not a single
U.S. Air Force interceptor turns a wheel until itís too late. Why?
Was it total incompetence on the part of aircrews trained and equipped
to scramble in minutes?
- Well, unlike the U.S. Air Force, Iíll cut to the
chase. Simply to ask these few questions is to find the official narrative
frankly implausible. The more questions you pursue, it becomes more
that thereís a different explanation: namely, that elements within
the top U.S. military, intelligence and political leadership ñ which
are closely intertwined ñ are complicit in what happened on
- Why U.S. complicity, you ask?
- Well, to stampede public opinion into supporting the
so-called war on terrorism, to justify a war on Afghanistan for a future
oil pipeline, the grab for Middle East oil, big budget increases for the
military, and the general drive for global domination by the American
- I know it sounds incredible.
- But hereís some historical context from this book,
Body of Secrets. Its author is James Bamford. Bamford until recently was
Washington Investigative Producer for ABCís World News tonight with
Peter Jennings. I learned of this book on ABCís website.
- Bamfordís information comes from interviews. With,
for instance, the former dean of the U.S. intelligence community. And from
government documents. It takes 80 pages to list Bamfordís more than
600 information sources.
- Hereís the story. Itís 1962. John F.
is U.S. president. Robert McNamara is Secretary of Defence. And Admiral
Lyman Lemnitzer heads the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff. The CIA has failed
in its illegal Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba.
- JFK decides, Bamford writes, to back away from military
solutions to the Cuban problem.
- But Lemnitzer, the CIA and others at the top remain
with Cuba. Writes Bamford: "As the Kennedy brothers appeared to
ëgo softí on Cuba, Lemnitzer could see his opportunity to
-- quickly slipping away. --attempts to provoke the Cuban public to revolt
- Continues Bamford: "Lemnitzer and the other chiefs
knew there was only one option left that would ensure their war. They would
have to trick the American public and world opinion--"
- Lemnitzer comes up with Operation Northwoods.
- "We could blow up a U.S. ship in Guantanamo Bay
and blame Cuba--casualty lists in U.S. newspapers would cause a helpful
wave of national indignation."
- "We could develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign
in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in
- An elaborate variation: create "an exact duplicate
for a civil registered aircraft--" "At a designated time the
duplicate would be--loaded with--selected passengers, all boarded under
carefully prepared aliases. The actual registered aircraft would be
to a drone [a remotely controlled unmanned aircraft]"-- "the
destruction of (that) aircraft will be triggered by radio
- The Cubans would be blamed.
- Finally, another variation is described by Bamford:
February 20th, 1962 (John) Glenn was to lift off from Cape Canaveral--on
his historic journey. Lemnitzer "proposed -- that should the rocket
explode and kill Glenn, ëthe objective is to provide irrevocable proof
that--the fault lies with (Cuba)--" "by manufacturing various
pieces of evidence which would prove electronic interference on the part
of the Cubans."
- Thus, Bamford notes, "as NASA prepared to send the
first American into space, the Joint Chiefs of Staff were preparing to
use John Glennís possible death as a pretext to launch a
- The Operation Northwoods plan shows the Pentagon was
capable, according to Bamford, "of launching a secret and bloody war
of terrorism against their own country in order to trick the American
into supporting a (war on Cuba)."
- Can we be sure, therefore, that complicity by the
in the events of Sept. 11th is entirely out of the question?
- Next week, a more precise look at the events of that
- And what about bin Laden? Iíll have more on him
too. And the arrests of people named as terrorists around the world.
- *** end transcript ***
- Are You Being Brainwashed By Mainstream Media?
Find News The Script Readers Won't Tell You About!