- "We need a program of psychosurgery for political
control of our society. The purpose is physical control of the mind.
who deviates from the given norm can be surgically mutilated.
- --1974 Congressional Testimony of Dr. Jose Delgado
- "The individual may think that the most important
reality is his own existence, but this is only his personal point of view.
This lacks historical perspective. Man does not have the right to develop
his own mind. This kind of liberal orientation has great appeal. We must
electronically control the brain. Someday armies and generals will be
by electric stimulation of the brain."
- --Dr. Jose Delgado, Director of Neuropsychiatry Yale
University Medical School Congressional Record, No. 26, Vol. 118 February
- "Why of course the people don't want war. Why should
some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he
can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally,
the common people don't want war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor
for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the
leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple
matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist
dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship.
- Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to
the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them
they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of
and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any
- -- Hermann Goering, Nazi Reichsmarschall