- Eyewitnesses: Magdalena Gotay y su esposo el Dr. Carlos
- Date: Early morning, 1-4-02
- Time: 2:30 A.M. to 2:40 A.M (approx.)
- Location: Summit Hills, San Juan, P.R.
- Weather: Clear, cloudless, good visibility.
- Description of Object: Given that both witnesses werea
at different points of observation, their description of its shape varied.
Magdalena, standing on the staircase to her house, saw it as a square object;
Dr. Fernandez, standing on the street in front of his house, perceived
as an oval. It had many yellowish lights surrounding it, but the lights
did not cast light nor did they light up the area. The object appeared
to be made of a flat dark grey metallic substance.
- Size of Object: Three times the size of an airliner (if
the airliner were travelling at the object's altitude).
- Approximate Altitude: At the the altitude of airliners
when they pass over the area on their way to land--some 2000 feet, approximately.
- Object Route: Heading from north to south, diagonally,
and zigzagging up and down. They saw it when it was over the karst hill
("mogote") located behind the Borinquen Towers apartment building
and heading southward, passing directly over their heads. It hid behind
a cloud after some 7 to 10 minutes and was not seen again.
- Object Speed: Very slow, slower than an airliner Odor:
Both detected an acrid, sulfur-like odor as it flew overhead. Taste: None
detected by either witness. Sound: Strange noise they could not compare
to anything else. Others: Vibration felt on the ground. Physical or Psychological
Effects: Magdalena awoke the next morning with a strong headache; does
not know if it was related to the sighting. Carlos had none.
- Note: Dr. Fernandez is a family psychologist, radiesthesia
practitioner and paranormal researcher. Magdalena is a journalist and researcher.
Both were on their way to the local Walgreens pharmacy to purchase medication.
Their sighting took place as they went downstairs.
- Translation (C) 2001 Scott Corrales, IHU Special Thanks
to Lucy Guzmán, www.Ovni.net