- Canada is the launch-pad for a multi-billion dollar
by The People's Republic of China (PRC) against the United States. A
report reveals that "a dangerous consortium of Chinese triads, agents
of the Chinese Secret Intelligence Service (CSIS), and Hong Kong tycoons
has established itself in Canada.
- "They operate on several fronts. Smuggling heroin
into Canada for shipment to the United States. Using Canada as a key in
the lucrative human smuggling trade to Europe and the United States. By
obtaining ownership of key companies in Canada, the PRC uses them to
the United States, says the report.
- "The original version of the report has been
because of its far-reaching political, economic and military implications,
says Gordon Thomas, author of Seeds of Fire: China and the Story Behind
the Attack on America (Dandelion Books). "A watered-down version is
beginning to circulate within senior Washington and Canadian
- But a well-placed source in Canada's intelligence
has passed Thomas a copy of the original report. Revelations of its
are bound to cause embarrassment within the Bush Administration as it
for the President's visit to Beijing and to the Canadian government.
- Codenamed "Sidewinder, the report is officially
titled "Canadian Intelligence Services and Triads Financial Links
- It was jointly prepared by Canada's Secret Intelligence
Service and the National Security Division of the Royal Canadian Mounted
- Seeds of Fire details how both the CSIS and RCMP were
involved in tracking China's theft of nuclear secrets from Los
- Since the book's publication, Thomas has continued to
monitor the activities of Chinese intelligence across North America.
- "The report shows the PRC has infiltrated Canadian
society with a network of spies and organised crime figures. Many of them
have Canadian nationality, making it easy for them to go to the United
States, he writes.
- Confirmation of the explosive nature of the report has
come from two senior Canadian investigators.
- One is Brian McAdam, an internationally renowned expert
on Chinese Triads networks of professional criminals dating back to
times. The other is Michel Juneau, a former high-ranking French-Canadian
intelligence officer who has spent 21 years monitoring Chinese intelligence
activities in the Asia-Pacific region.
- "As well as what the Sidewinder report states, both
men confirm that China is using Canada as the prime base for world
beginning with the United States, says Thomas.
- Copies of the original "Sidewinder report were
Those on disc were electronically destroyed.
- But a copy survived and was passed to Gordon Thomas.
He says the document reveals:
- *Triads own one-third of downtown Vancouver.
- *China had invested over one billion dollars in 2001
to buy Canadian businesses in strategic areas. A number have links to U.S.
- *China is one of the largest stockholders 10 per cent
in Canada's Imperial Bank.
- *China has "virtual control of 15 corporations in
the country's technology sector.
- *China's Secret Intelligence Service has
some 30 companies, fronted by Canadian nationals, for traditional and
espionage purposes. These companies are used as cover for Chinese spies
to get them into important business and political circles.
- *CIA and Canadian intelligence do not understand the
"sinister nature of the elaborate networks established in
- But the original version of "Sidewinder was spiked
after pressure from the business community in the U.S. who feared the
would lead to a backlash against China and so damage the thriving trade
links President Bush hopes to encourage during his upcoming visit to
- The joint Canadian intelligence team that prepared the
original report was told by the Canadian Security Intelligence Review
that "the report was too extreme and given to scare mongering. They
were ordered to give "a more favourable politically correct spin to
the facts they present, Thomas has been told.
- "Sidewinder reveals that more than 200 Canadian
companies and corporations are, in 2002, under the direct control of
International Trust and Investment Corporation (ITIC).
- "It operates directly under the general staff of
the People's Liberation Army (PLA). ITIC is the world's largest private
operator of container terminals. It has lucrative stakes in 17 ports in
Europe, including Rotterdam. These ports are directly implicated in the
traffic of humans for the sex slave markets, for domestic slavery, for
use as organ donors, reveals Thomas.
- In Seeds of Fire, Thomas has detailed how the U.S. has
successfully "all but wiped out the memory of the massacre on
Square by the PLA acting on the orders of the Chinese leadership.
- The book is now in its second large reprint and has been
sold to over 40 countries. Its author has received wide critical acclaim
for the investigative work behind his revelations.
- "The business links established in China by American
business have directly led to China setting up operations on an
scale in Canada. But it is not only Canada that now faces a growing threat
to its national security. It is the United States that is the prime target.
Canada is just the Trojan Horse -- the womb for the enemy within to nourish
itself for the growing penetration of the United States, says Thomas.
- Seeds of Fire: China and the Story Behind the Attack
on America, by Gordon Thomas, ISBN 1893302547
(Dandelion Books) Trade Paperback, 524 pages, $25.95. Available at all
bookstores, and at www.dandelionbooks.com, www.gordonthomas.ie,
For trade sales, contact Biblio Distribution (NBN), Ingram, Baker &
Taylor and other major wholesalers. If your bookstore does not have Seeds
of Fire in stock, please call the Dandelion Books store: 1-888-609-5006
in the U.S. or 361-293-7698 (outside the U.S.) for
immediate order processing and shipping.