- Denise Gordon watches the sky.
- Denise is an esthetician, a skin care therapist who gives
facials and other skin treatments to clients throughout the Portland metropolitian
area. She spends a lot of time behind the wheel of her car, driving from
appointment to appointment. Three summers ago, Denise saw four airplanes
laying down a grid pattern of contrails in the bright, clear sky. As the
day went on, she noticed that the contrials stayed in the air and spread
out, eventually covering much of the sky with a thin, brownish haze. When
she looked at the sun, it appeared to be surrounded by a colorful corona.
- "The sun looked like it was shining through an oil
slick, or a sick rainbow," she remembers.
- The same thing happened a few days later. And then a
few days after that. Denise didn't think much about it, though, until she
was returning from an appointment late one night and happened to be listening
to "Sightings," a UFO-oriented talk show on KTOK AM (1080) hosted
by Jeff Rense, a former investigative reporter. The guest that night was
a man named Will Thomas. Denise was shocked when Thomas started describing
the exact same thing she'd been seeing in the sky. Thomas called the grid-pattern
lines "chemtrails," and he claimed they were a top secret government
experiment to vaccinate the American people against anthrax and other biological
- Then Thomas shocked Denise again. He said the chemtrails
were making people across the country sick with flu-like symptoms that
lasted for weeks or months. Although Denise had not been sick herself,
many of her clients were complaining about the exact same symptoms which
Thomas was describing.
- "Most of them were saying things like, 'I just can't
shake this cold' or 'My allergies are getting worse,'" she says. "And
a lot of them were telling me all their friends were sick, too."
- Denise has tried talking to her clients about the chemtrails,
but they all look at her like she's nuts. "They think I've just been
listening to too much wacko radio," she says.
- But in fact, chemtrails have become an international
controversy since Denise first noticed the strange lines in the sky three
summers ago. Dozens of Internet websites about the issue have been launched,
most featuring photos from all over the world showing the same strange
patterns in the sky. Many of the sites carry reports by self-proclaimed
"chemtrail experts" offering different (and frequently conflicting)
explanations for their origins. Some, like Thomas, believe they carry some
form of vaccine. Others say the spraying is a New World Order plot to intentionally
make people too sick to fight the coming One World Government. Still others
say the thin haze is designed to fight global warming by blocking some
of the sun's rays on hot days. Whatever the case, people all over the globe
are flooding these sites with first-hand reports of their own personal
- And some of the most dedicated sky watchers live in the
Portland. Dozens of them e-mailed Rense on June 4, complaining that the
metropolitan area was being choked by chemtrails. All the reports said
essentially the same thing - the day started out clear and sunny, but ended
up hazy and overcast after several planes laid down a steady stream of
chemtrails throughout the morning.
- "I want to report MASSIVE contrail spraying in Portland
OR," wrote Derek R. Sims. "It looked like a huge spine with all
the nerve endings shooting out,
- up and down the trail. I have been sneezing uncontrollably,
[but] I have no allergies, and am not sick."
- "The city of Portland is completely blanketed with
the chemclouds - it is solid," wrote a woman who only identified herself
as Deborah. "When I got home there were three new trails above my
house. I'm telling you Jeff, we are socked in with chemclouds."
- "FYI and listeners, chemtrails are back," wrote
Cindy Carpenter. "I came down with the worst headache I have had in
years, and still have it."
- "I, too, live in the Portland area and saw all of
this going on, wrote Eric Lynchedl. "I mentioned to my wife that by
noon we would not be able to see the blue sky. As sure as can be, the sky
was covered with a layer of thin, white spray. We also noticed a rainbow-like
ring around the sun."
- But not everyone is content to merely gripe. Portlander
Sardar Khalsa contributes to the Sierra Times, an on-line environmental
magazine. He's working on a story about the spraying to run in the near
- "People had been telling me about these chemtrails,
but I didn't believe they existed until I saw them for myself about six
months ago," he says. "They are definately not normal contrails.
They don't come out of the engines or off the wing tips, but are being
sprayed from under the planes."
- Khalsa's research has convinced him the spraying is being
done by U.S. Air Force planes. Although the military denies anything is
going on, he says he's figured out where the planes are coming from.
- "The West Coast has been divided into northen and
southern regions," Khala says. "The north includes Portland,
and the planes either come from McCord Air Force base near Seattle or the
base in Klamath Falls. Edwards Air Force base in California provides the
planes for the southern region."
- Khalsa doesn't claim to know what the planes are spraying,
though. He's heard from people who say that it sometimes "snows cobwebs"
after the planes fly overhead. He's read that pesticides and even human
blood cells have been detected in the material. But he hasn't come to any
- "I can't tell you what it is, and I can't tell you
why it is," Khalsa says. "But I can tell you I've seen many days
which start out clear and end up looking like Los Angeles in the haze."
- Khalsa and several of the other sky watchers say they've
called the local news reporters and begged them to do stories on the chemtrails,
to no avail.
- "I've left messages when the spraying's going on,
and nobody's even called me back," he says.
- But KGW-TV weatherman Jack Coppell actually acknowledged
the sky looked unusual on June 4. "Many people having been calling
us and asking us about this," he said as the station broadcast a picture
of that day's solar corona. "This phenomenon is known as a Solar Halo,
and is normally caused by ice crystals provided by high cirrus clouds.
Since there are no high cirrus clouds, this is highly unusual."
- The lack of corporate news coverage has many sky watchers
convinced the government is censoring all news on the chemtrails.
- "Like millions of other Americans, all I can do
is keep my fingers crossed that our government's intent behind this is
not entirely malicious," Michael Goodspeed wrote in a June 4 e-mail
to the Sightings website.
- "I just never dreamed ole Uncle Sam and all her
boys in D.C. could do this to us. See how life just doesn't mean anything
anymore," wrote Cindy Carpenter.
- Paul xxxxx agrees. A local computer consultant, he
hasn't made up his mind whether the chemtrails are an attempt to vaccinate
the population, control the weather or fight global warming. But he says
that something has to be done about the chemtrails, or he's leaving.
- "I'll tell you this - I've got a two-year-old son
and if this doesn't stop, I'm going to move," says xxxxx. "He's
already getting respiratory problems."
- The only trouble is, xxxxxx doesn't know where to go.
He doesn't know where they're not spraying.
- From Michael L. Stovall <email@example.com>
- To Jeff:
- Thanks for your website, as it is now the lifeline all
of us need to accomplish a new objective...To Survive.
- This is what I discussed with Will Thomas: The whole
issue of chemtrails is especially insidious for one primary reason: SECRECY.
So. what is the big deal about spraying if it is to protect us all?
Why keep it quiet? After all, it is just a matter of time until everyone
is aware of what's going on. Just look outside every day and after a while,
it becomes an obvious feature in the sky: 'X' marks the spot!
- I know how many of you are feeling, I have felt the same
way. And here is what I have found out: What is the purpose of keeping
secrets? So someone else will not find out something we do not want them
to know. And why? Because there is a PLAN to use the information in such
a way to benefit the Holder of the Secret. And NOT to benefit YOU. And
that, my friend, is the sorrowful and dreadful reality we must come to
- Chemtrails are an Act of War against masses perpetrated
by a group of our fellow humans. Freedom is being overridden, individual
sovereignty is being overridden, and participation by choice is not even
a consideration. And what further frustrates the situation: we really
cannot do much about it without resorting to overt confrontation; and
confrontation would have to be supported by a large number of the population
to have any affect at all.
- To anyone who reads this note, may I suggest that you
give some serious thought about the future of life as we know it: its
value, its quality, its very survival, and then make a dedicated commitment
to yourself that you will do whatever it takes to protect all you hold
dear...because we are now in a War Zone we did not create and now must
participate in if we plan to survive. This is a tough reality, a tough
analysis, and the line drawn in the sand of life.
- Michael L. Stovall
Site Served by TheHostPros