- Just over a year ago, Australia followed in the footsteps
of mother country Great Britain and made law a total ban on hand guns.
- The gun ban and confiscation program cost the Australian
government more than $500 million. Sometimes using deadly force, authorities
there collected 640,381 personal firearms.
- And now the results are in: Australia-wide, homicides
are up 3.2 percent (in a country that has a low homicide rate).
- Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent.
- Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes,
- In the state of Victoria, homicides with firearms are
up 300 percent.
- Figures over the previous 25 years show a steady decrease
in armed robbery with firearms - since the gun ban this has changed for
- There has been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults
on the elderly.
- Australian politicians are on the spot and at a loss
to explain how no improvement in "safety" has been observed after
such monumental effort and expense was successfully expended in "ridding
society of guns."
- An e-mail circulating the Web reveals the harmful effects
of the Australian gun ban, noting that "you won't see this data on
the evening news or hear your governor or members of the state Assembly
disseminating this information."
- Another Australian offers a warning: "Guns in the
hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control
laws only affect the law-abiding citizens. Take note, Californians and
other Americans, before it's too late!"
- SIGHTINGS HOMEPAGE
Site Served by TheHostPros