- Hi Jeff,
- I have been a regular reader of your website for the
past year or more. I usually let two or three days pass, and wait until
there are a number of articles that build up before I come back and read.
- I came back to do some reading, and was a little surprised
to read all about the chemtrails in Portland. I live and work in the Portland
- Since this last Saturday - I thought about posting a
message to your site, but thought against it. I am a real die hard pessimist
when it comes to the subject of chemtrails. I have gotten to the point
where I ignore most of the stories and postings I see. My reaction when
reading them is: "Geez people !! - get a life !!". This stuff
is nothing more than normal jet contrails.
- After Saturday - I am still pessimistic on the subject,
but I really am at a loss for what I saw. Perhaps someone out there can
find and post a suitable explanation for what was going on.
- We live near Newberg Oregon - about 26 - 28 miles southwest
of Portland. I took my son to his Baseball game that he had at 10:00 on
Saturday. He had to be there an hour early for pre-game warm-ups, so we
got there around 9:10, or so.
- The sky was a beautiful, beautiful, rich blue. Do not
see many days like that here in Oregon - so I was looking up and admiring
the sky. It was all blue except for a hazy white contrail that went from
west to east - and it was directly above me at the "12:00" position.
It looked like it had been laid down not too long before - so I decided
to follow it across the sky to see if I could spot the aircraft. I was
not able to. It did not look like a normal contrail - there was something
odd about it. I suppose that is really why I noticed it. You could tell
it had been laid down by an aircraft - it looked like a contrail - but
it was much wider than it should have been. Especially for such a bright
blue sky. It looked like it was pretty high up - perhaps somewhere around
- Usually a contrail begins to break up pretty quickly
and fade into the blue on a day like Saturday. Usually within minutes -
instead - this contrail did the opposite. It grew - and at a very alarming
- Over the next hour I watched as it grew thicker and thicker.
The rest of the sky - except toward Portland, was still a rich deep blue.
If you look at the photos that others have sent in, those photos (as most
photos) do not do justice to what I saw.
- The best way to describe this would be in terms of percentages
or "degrees" in the sky. Assume what we see in the sky is 180
degrees of vision. (It is really much less - but let's use that figure
for purposes of discussion). Half of a full sky would be 90 degrees. A
quarter of that would be 45 .. a quarter of that (an eighth) would be 22.5
- Anyway - when I first noticed this contrail, you could
see blue sky behind it, and it took up maybe 2 - 3 degrees in the sky.
An hour later - it had expanded into a thick white cloud about 20 - 25
degrees in width. It had flattened out, and was dropping in altitude at
an alarming rate. This "cloud" that appeared from nowhere in
baby blue skies, was getting enormous in front of my eyes, and dropping
toward the town in which I was standing. My guess is that it had dropped
from 20,0000 feet to somewhere around 8 - 9,000 feet, and then began to
break up and spread out.
- As I was glancing up - (in between baseball plays) I
saw another jet coming north to south from over the Portland area. It had
just crossed the dropping, expanding cloud. It, too, was overhead, although
it was west of my position...probably travelling directly over the coastal
- The aircraft was clearly visible - it's silver skin shining
bright in the morning sun, a trail coming off the aircraft. As I watched,
I was thinking to myself: "Geez .. this is really weird, I wonder
if these are the chemtrails everyone writes about .. HA! wouldn't that
- Just then - as I was watching the aircraft, the trail
was switched off. CLICK. No petering-out of the trail. No stuttering. No
moisture dying out over the length of the aircraft as it flew .. Just CLICK.
The big "OFF". The jet continues to put distance between itself
and whatever it was that it just left behind.
- I said, "Sh*t !! ... What the hell was that?? Someone
just shut something off."
- The jet was either dumping fuel - or dumping .... something.
The jet was most definitely dumping something. I guess the big question
was (and still is ..) WHAT was dumped ?
- So - as the day progressed, everything became more overcast
as everyone has stated. It looked like Portland to the north was far worse.
I ended up with a bad headache that day and allergies, but chalked it up
to - 'allergies.'
- This IS the time of year for allergies to hit here in
the Northwest. So claims of respiratory problems etc - dunno, could be
pollen. Or, it could be...(???).
- Just the damndest thing to see - this odd cloud, and
then a jet obviously and blatantly dumping crap into the clean, blue skies
- Please withhold my email address - thanks.
- From (anonymity requested)
- I work in the media in Portland, but not in a position
to influence news coverage or story selection. I think the chemtrails
are at least a curiosity, especially with the increase in the number of
them we've seen here this spring.
- I began noticing them last year at this time. The amount
of trails increased dramatically during weekends when outdoor events were
planned. The heavy trails last weekend coincide with the beginning of
the Portland Rose Festival, traditionally one of the first outdoor things
to do here in the rain belt.
- One of the patterns I've been noticing lately is where
most of the trails originate. I work in downtown and live in a suburb
to the southwest. When I get on the other side of Portland's West Hills,
there are often dozens of trails. By the time these trails are carried
by the wind to the city, they are much more diffused and take on the appearance
of a murky, overcast layer of clouds. I skimmed some of the notes from
people in this area and didn't notice anyone else who had noticed how a
major portion of the trails originate over the western suburbs.
- It's definitely a quandary. I hope some answers come
soon. Increased air traffic and jettisoned fuel aren't enough of an explanation
to satisfy me.
- Love the site and the show.
- SIGHTINGS HOMEPAGE
Site Served by TheHostPros