- A conflicting version of the chilling murder of Wall
Street Journal reporter Danny Pearl emerged Sunday, with Fox News Channel
contradicting earlier reports that his execution was videotaped as it
by kidnappers tied to the al-Qaeda terrorist network.
- "Contrary to prior reports Pearl is apparently not
killed on camera," reported FNC's Rick Leventhal.
- "There are several scenes spliced together on the
three-and-a-half-minute digital tape. On one of them he is forced to make
a statement during which he talks about his Jewish heritage."
- Leventhal continued:
- "Later there's a shot of a wound, some kind of knife
wound in his chest. And later there is a scene of his throat being cut,
although people who have seen this tape say it appears that Danny Pearl
was already dead at that time."
- Leventhal said that prior to his execution, in addition
to acknowledging his Jewish heritage, Pearl was forced to say,
will bear the consequences of our government's unconditional support for
- When pressed for further details about the Pearl death
video, Leventhal said:
- "We're being told that it was, in fact, edited
It may have been a crude job. But certainly there is evidence on the
tape that Danny Pearl was dead at the time that they cut his throat; that
there's clearly a wound to his body.
- "At one point on the tape, and later when they
the rest of the damage to his body, there was no sign of life from Danny
Pearl. So, apparently he was already dead at that time - but certainly
a gruesome tape and one that has outraged authorities."
- The FNC reporter did not identify his source for the
new version of the Danny Pearl death tape.
- All Rights Reserved © NewsMax.com