- Note - We have received several similar posts with Talmudic
quotes during the current MidEast crisis. We post this as a point of information
and follow it with a formal rebuttal.
- Dear Mr Rense,
- Please find below an article regarding quotes and comments
on the Jewish holy book - The Talmud. With the recent dangerous developments
in the Middle East, I feel it is essential that one looks at what drives
some Jews to think and behave as they do, and also where this mind set
has its origins. I do hope you find this article suitable for posting on
your extraordinary website.
- Yours truly, Don Talbot
- QUOTES 'WITH ATTITUDE' FROM JEWISH TALMUD
- In case you don't know anything about this holy of holy
manuscript, its history, and what can be found within in it, keep reading.
- It is said Jewish Scribes received the Talmud partly
as a collection of traditions given to them from Moses in oral form.
- This very brief study and its authenticated references
are based on the Jewish-authorized Babylonian Talmud.
- Presented herein is irrefutable documentation in the
hope of helping liberate all people,including Jewish people, from the corrosive
delusions and racism of this Talmudic hate literature, which is the manual
of Orthodox and Hasidic Jews the world over.
- The implementation by Jewish supremacists of Talmudic
hate literature has caused untold suffering throughout history and now,
in occupied Palestine, it is used as a justification for the mass murder
of Palestinian civilians. The Talmud specifically defines all who are not
Jews as non-human animals.
- Some Teachings of the Jewish Talmud Where a Jew Should
- Moed Kattan 17a: If a Jew is tempted to do evil he should
go to a city where he is not known and do the evil there.
- Penalty for Disobeying Rabbis
- Erubin 21b. Whosoever disobeys the rabbis deserves death
and will be punished by being boiled in hot excrement in hell.
- Hitting a Jew is the same as hitting God
- Sanhedrin 58b. If a heathen (gentile) hits a Jew, the
gentile must be killed.
- O.K. to Cheat Non-Jews
- Sanhedrin 57a . A Jew need not pay a gentile the wages
owed him for work.
- Jews Have Superior Legal Status
- Baba Kamma 37b. If an ox of an Israelite gores an ox
of a Canaanite there is no liability; but if an ox of a Canaanite gores
an ox of an Israelite...the payment is to be in full.
- Jews May Steal from Non-Jews
- Baba Mezia 24a . If a Jew finds an object lost by a gentile
("heathen") it does not have to be returned.
- Jews May Rob and Kill Non-Jews
- Sanhedrin 57a . When a Jew murders a gentile, there will
be no death penalty. What a Jew steals from a gentile he may keep.
- Baba Kamma 37b. The gentiles are outside the protection
of the law and God has "exposed their money to Israel."
- Jews May Lie to Non-Jews
- Baba Kamma 113a. Jews may use lies ("subterfuges")
to circumvent a Gentile.
- WAIT...THERE'S MORE -
- Non-Jewish Children are Sub-Human
- Yebamoth 98a. All gentile children are animals.
- Abodah Zarah 36b. Gentile girls are in a state of niddah
(filth) from birth.
- Abodah Zarah 22a-22b . Gentiles prefer sex with cows.
- Yebamoth 63a. Declares that agriculture is the lowest
- Yebamoth 59b. A woman who had intercourse with a beast
is eligible to marry a Jewish priest. A woman who has sex with a demon
is also eligible to marry a Jewish priest.
- Hagigah 27a. States that no rabbi can ever go to hell.
- Baba Mezia 59b. A rabbi debates God and defeats Him.
God admits the rabbi won the debate.
- Gittin 70a. On coming from a privy (outdoor toilet) a
man should not have sexual intercourse till he has waited long enough to
walk half a mile, because the demon of the privy is with him for that time;
if he does, his children will be epileptic.
- Menahoth 43b-44a. A Jewish man is obligated to say the
following prayer every day: "Thank you God for not making me a gentile,
a woman or a slave."
- What Jewish Scholars Are Saying:
- Rabbi Meir Kahane, told CBS News that his teaching that
Arabs are "dogs" is derived "from the Talmud." (CBS
60 Minutes, "Kahane").
- University of Jerusalem Prof. Ehud Sprinzak described
Kahane and Goldstein's philosophy: "They believe it's God's will that
they commit violence against goyim," a Hebrew term for non-Jews. (NY
Daily News, Feb. 26, 1994, p. 5).
- Rabbi Yitzhak Ginsburg declared, "We have to recognize
that Jewish blood and the blood of a goy are not the same thing."
(NY Times, June 6, 1989, p.5).
- Rabbi Yaacov Perrin said, "One million Arabs are
not worth a Jewish fingernail." (NY Daily News, Feb. 28, 1994, p.6).
- ENTER THE US GOVERNMENT.
- U.S. Government Lays Groundwork for Talmudic Courts:
"Our" government under Presidents Reagan, Bush and Clinton, has
provided, under the euphemism of education (for example, House Joint Resolution
173 and Public Law 102-14), a groundwork for the establishment of Talmudic
"courts of justice" to be administered by disciples of Shneur
Zalman's Chabad successor, Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson.
- For more information regarding any of the above (from
where much of this information was obtained) see: http://www.hoffman-info.com/talmudtruth.html
- Response to 'QUOTES FROM THE TALMUD' http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Cyprus/8815/qts.html
- Also known as "Non-Jews as seen in the Jewish Talmud"
and "Jewish Racism towards Non-Jews as expressed in the Talmud"
- CLAIM "The modern Jew is the product of the Talmud..."
"Babylonian Talmud", published by the Boston Talmud Society,
- The Jews refer to the remainder of Earths inhabitants,
the non-Jewish peoples, as "Gentiles", "Goyim". Let's
see what the Jewish Talmud teaches the Jews concerning the non-Jewish majority,
i.e. those who are not part of Jahve's "Chosen People":
- RESPONSE It is true that modern Judaism derives most
of its teachings from the Talmud, but what anti-Semites claim about the
Talmud is quite different from the truth. David S. Maddison (email@example.com)
- CLAIM "The Jews are called human beings, but the
non-Jews are not humans. They are beasts." Talmud: Baba mezia, 114b
- RESPONSE (1) This represents a lack of knowledge of Hebrew
at a most fundamental level. Here, the anti-Semites claim that Adam means
human but it really means man. "Yetsoor" is the Hebrew word for
human. Jews are referred to by the singular form of man, Adam, whilst non-Jews
are referred to by the plural form of man, or anasheem. Both forms of the
word mean human, but one is single, the other is plural. The reason that
Jews are referred to in the singular is that if one Jew does something
bad, or is alleged to have, all Jews are blamed for it. So, for the wrongdoing
or alleged wrongdoing of one, all suffer. In the case of non-Jews, only
individuals suffer, not all of the non-Jews. So that is why Jews are referred
to as a single person and non-Jews are referred to in the plural. David
S. Maddison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- RESPONSE (2) (Also, see other responses elswhere.) Apparently
a deliberate mistranslation. The passage deals with the technical rules
of corpse-impurity which, according to the author of this text, apply to
Jews and not to gentiles. In this connection Ezekiel 34:31 is cited: "And
ye My sheep [referring to Israel], the sheep of My pasture, are _men [Hebrew:
"adam"]_, and I am your God, saith the Lord God." From a
careful midrashic reading of this Biblical verse, Rabbi Simeon ben Yohai
deduced "Only "ye" [i.e., Israel, not other nations] are
designated "adam," in the sense that only Jewish corpses and
graves generate impurity according to Numbers 19:14: "This is the
law: when a _man ['adam']_ dieth in a tent, every one that cometh into
the tent...shall be unclean seven days..." The passage is legal and
exegetical, not theological. If anything, it seems to put Jews on a lower
footing than non-Jews. Typically, the words "but beasts" were
added on by whoever put this list together. They do not appear in the original.
Correspondent of email@example.com (Sara Salzman) firstname.lastname@example.org
- CLAIM "The Akum (non-Jew) is like a dog. Yes, the
scripture teaches to honor the the dog more than the non-Jew." Ereget
Raschi Erod. 22 30
- RESPONSE The reference cited is does not exist, therefore
the "quote" is forgery. Also "Akum" specifically means
idolater. It does not refer to non-Jews in general. Additionally, the writing
style is totally inconsistent with writings of this type which are extremely
terse and abbreviated since they assume a great deal of prior knowledge.
David S. Maddison (email@example.com)
- CLAIM "Even though God created the non-Jew they
are still animals in human form. It is not becoming for a Jew to be served
by an animal. Therfore he will be served by animals in human form."
Midrasch Talpioth, p. 255, Warsaw 1855
- RESPONSE (1) I was unable to check this reference in
my extensive Judaica library. The book "Midrash Talpiyyot" is
appparently an obscure eighteenth-century Kabbalistic work that is little
known and carries no authority whatsoever. Even if the citation were correct
(which seems doubtful in light of the other examples on this list, and
the fact that Jews never employ the designation "Jehovah"), it
is hard to imagine what could be proven from it about Judaism or the Talmud.
From Usenet message firstname.lastname@example.org
- RESPONSE (2) Apart from anything else, the use of the
term "Jehovah" should be an immediate indicator of a forgery
since Jews don't write this term in books. The actual book in question
is not part of the Talmud but was written by a Turkish Jew called Elijah
ben Solomon Abraham, ha-Koen in the eighteenth century. And it is unlikey
that the quote exists given the other forgeries on this list. David S.
- CLAIM "A pregnant non-Jew is no better than a pregnant
animal." Coschen hamischpat 405
- RESPONSE The above quote is a wrong inference from a
fiscal law in Shulchan Oruch, Choshen Mishpat 405.3, that relates to times
when slavery was a standard and accepted practice across the world.
- It states that if an ox gored a pregnant woman, and this
resulted in the loss of the fetus, the owner does not have to pay for the
loss of the fetus (medical expenses and other damages are discussed elsewhere).
If an ox gored a pregnant non-Jewish slave-woman, the owner of the ox has
to pay for the loss of the fetus to the owner of the slave-woman (because
the owner would have had another slave to work for him had the woman given
birth). The same applies if the ox gored a pregnant cow, or a sheep, because
had the animal given birth, the owner would have had an extra one. The
law is clearly hinged on the rights of the owner, and does not compare
non-Jews and animals in any way. It is purely legal, and does not have
any philosophical or social implications. I.I.
- CLAIM "The souls of non-Jews come from impure sprits
and are called pigs." Jalkut Rubeni gadol 12b
- RESPONSE The above quote does not exist in the source.
The reference to page 12b in Yalkut Reuveini is meaningless, as the pages
are numbered individually, not having "a" and "b" parts.
- Yalkut does quote from Shnei Luchot Habrit (in Sefer
Dovor Shebikdusho, Os Alef), that the souls of two ancient nations (Amoni
and Moavi that do not exist now), come from "the spirit of impurity",
but the same goes for the soul of a bastard (mamzer) of Jewish origin.
- CLAIM "Although the non-Jew has the same body structure
as the Jew, they compare with the Jew like a monkey to a human." Schene
luchoth haberith, p. 250 b
- RESPONSE A complete fabrication. The reference to p.250
b is meaningless (unless "b" stands for "column 2"),
as each page is individually numbered. There is no mention of any comparison
of Jews to non-Jews on page 250. I.I.
- CLAIM "If you eat with a Gentile, it is the same
as eating with a dog." Tosapoth, Jebamoth 94b
- RESPONSE This appears to be a forgery. Joe Slater
- CLAIM "If a Jew has a non-Jewish servant or maid
who dies, one should not express sympathy to the Jew. You should tell the
Jew: "God will replace 'your loss', just as if one of his oxen or
asses had died"." Jore dea 377, 1
- RESPONSE The Mishna from which this law is derived speaks
about a specific formula [in] Hebrew "Hamokom menachem eschem"
that is said to somebody whose close relative died within [the] last 7
days, it does not mean regular words of consolation. A question is asked
by the commentators: the above formula is said [by] the grieving person
only for a close relative, and not even for a distant relative or a regular
Jew, so why do we have to be told that it's not said for a servant? Several
answers are given: either the personal servant is so close to his master,
that he is considered by the master as his son, or because the servant
was his property the master considered him part of his body so to speak.
So why not say the above formula? The reason given is that people who don't
know the master might hear and think that the slave was completely Jewish
and part of master's family, which might lead to confusion. Actually, the
same Mishna mentions that R. Gamaliel accepted this formula [of] condolence
for his slave, because he respected the slave greatly for his Torah knowledge.
- CLAIM "Sexual intercourse between Gentiles is like
intercourse between animals." Talmud Sanhedrin 74b
- RESPONSE It does not say this or any such thing. David
- CLAIM "It is permitted to take the body and the
life of a Gentile." Sepher ikkarim III c 25
- RESPONSE This is a misquotation. Rabbi Yosef Albo (the
author) was asked by a Christian thinker about seeming injustice of the
laws of Judaism dealing with charging interest on a loan. (According to
Deuteronomy 23:20 and 23:21, a Jew is not allowed to lend with interest
to another Jew, but may do so to a Gentile). R. Albo answers: The "Gentile"
or "heathen" in the above passage refers to idolater, who refuses
to keep seven Noahide laws. The laws are universal for all mankind: 1)
prohibition of idolatry, 2) prohibition of blasphemy, 3) prohibition of
murder, 4) prohibition of immorality and promiscuity, 5) prohibition of
theft, 6) establishment of judicial system, 7) prohibition of cruelty to
animals. Such a person, who does not respect other's rights, places himself
apart from human community and therefore can expect to be treated according
to his own rules. He is a threat to everyone around and hence if somebody
kills him, that person is not charged. On the contrary, even according
to non-Jewish philosophers in those days (14th and 15th century, Spain),
as R Albo brings, such a person should be killed. So it is regarding money
matters: the prohibition of taking interest, that applies to everybody,
including a non-Jew who keeps the Noahide laws (as R. Albo mentions a few
sentences earlier), do not apply to him. I.I.
- CLAIM "It is the law to kill anyone who denies the
Torah. The Christians belong to the denying ones of the Torah." Coschen
hamischpat 425 Hagah 425. 5
- RESPONSE This is from the Shulcan Aruch and applies to
killing Jewish heretics. The following line in this passage is that this
law does not apply to anyone non-Jewish and it is forbidden to harm any
gentile. The Jewish heretics are people which are a potential cause of
harm and trouble to the Jewish nation. The penalty is designed to demonstrate
the severity with which heretical views were considered, rather than a
practical penalty as such penalties were rarely imposed. E.S./David S.
- CLAIM "A heretic Gentile you may kill outright with
your own hands." Talmud, Abodah Zara, 4b
- RESPONSE It does not say this - this is a forgery. David
S. Maddison (email@example.com)
- CLAIM "Every Jew, who spills the blood of the godless
(non-Jews), is doing the same as making a sacrifice to God." Talmud:
Bammidber raba c 21 & Jalkut 772
- RESPONSE Midrash Bamidbar Raba 21: "[Numbers 23:11
regarding Phinehas who killed Zimri for fornicating with a Midianite woman]
`Because he was zealous for his G-d and atoned for the children of Israel'
It says he atoned - did he bring a sacrifice? This teaches us that whoever
spills the blood of the wicked is like someone who brings a sacrifice."