- Kawther Salam is a Palestinian Journalist living a living
hell in Hebron. Israeli press refuses to publish her reports on the
conduct of the IDF in Hebron. Gush Shalom will publish a daily report
by Kawther Salam.
- Why does the Israeli press not write about the soldiers
stationed on my rooftop in Hebron, sexually harassing me and insulting
me 24 hours a day? Why does the military commander of Hebron, Dror
Weinberg, enjoy harassing me for political reasons? I am a journalist
carrying an Israeli press card, and another two international cards from
the United Kingdom and Belgium. I am also a Palestinian.
- The first attack on me was at the beginning of the
and since then I have experienced such things on a daily basis. I
have filed numerous complaints against soldiers who have been
trying to prevent me from doing my work as a journalist. I have also
reported the harassment and attacks by the Israeli soldiers to the
- The military commander claimed that the presence of
on my roof is for political reasons, but the soldiers damage my life in
- The recent attack on me involved the soldiers cutting
the electricity, damaging the television cable, throwing sand, garbage,
and urine at my apartment. They threw at me live bullets and when
I tried to film them they threatened to shoot me. They threw stones
at me, and I got hurt on my right knee. It is not the first time
that I have gotten injured by the soldiers.
- On the 5th of September the soldiers threw a chair at
me and I got injured with a 20 centimeter cut on my chest.
- They arrested me, accusing me of provoking them.
I wear nice clothes, I am a provocator.
- Because I am doing my job as a journalist, I am a
Because I live in this apartment, I am a provocator.
- The military commander, Hartzel, of the unit Shimshon,
informed me that they would continue to harass me until I stop my work
as a journalist and leave Hebron.
- His assistant said to me, "bitch!", in front
- When he heard him calling me bad things, he was smiling
in an expression of his happiness.
- Hartzel is always threatening me and hindering my
work. He blocked the entrance of my apartment with barbed wire,
me the ability to get out onto the street. He instructed his soldiers
to continue making noise for me until I leave my apartment.
- Kawther's Photo Gallery
- Unique Photographs and sound recordings by Kawther Salam