- UFO Sighting Adelaide
- Follow up 1800 Hotline Call 02040 5.4.02 SA
- Date: 5.4.02
- Time: 6.40pm
- Location: SA
- Reportee: Joe
- Telephone number: 08
- Nearest State Director Charmaine
- Hi Charmaine - This guy said that he had just seen the
Newspaper report about the sighting over Adelaide last night. He said the
report of the sighting was wrong in the paper, and that he saw 2 Aircraft
going towards the lights in the sky and then the lights took off and disappeared.
- I rang Joe and she said her husband was sure a fighter
plane which went after the UFOs??
- I rang Wing Commander Rick of the Edinburgh RAAF base
and, again, we had a good chat about what was going on. He told me he wasn't
aware of the sightings until the newspaper story again.? He informed me
he had checked his log to see if anything was reported over the weekend
and no one to his knowledge called the base to report anything. He also
informed me of the stance the RAAF have in regards to UFO reports: "We
are told to inform the public to call the police. "We don't want
to know." (he said this nicely)
- Comment Diane:
- Charmaine I have no problem talking to Rick as I feel
he understands what we are trying to do in regards to informing the general
public of what they are seeing. And what is really refreshing he has an
open mind. He said in an age of video cameras we should be getting some
of these sightings on film, when I told him we have this time he kind of
went quite for a moment. I informed him we had film and photos this time
and are awaiting results.
- Rick informed me no fighter planes went after anything
on Saturday night that he is aware of. He said "Diane unless we feel
we are under threat we send nothing up because it costs too much, never
mind chasing balloons". (a fair comment)
- Awaiting results. Still under investigation.
- Regards Diane Harrison
- UFO Sighting Parralowie South Australia
- Follow up 1- 1800 Hotline Call 02039 5.4.02 SA
- Date: 5.4.02 Day: Saturday
- Time: 12.53pm
- Time of sighting: 8.10 pm
- Location: Parralowie SA
- Reportee: Barbara Telephone number:
- Nearest State Director: Diane
- Barbara said "I went outside for a smoke and was
confronted by 3 orange fire balls in a triangle formation I raced inside
got my camera and took 4 photos of the objects." - which she will
get developed in the morning. Barbara also stated her little girl screamed
at the sight of them and ran back in the house. Barbara said, "I've
read the story in the Advertiser newspaper and this was no balloon or garbage
bag. Balloons don't move that fast".
- Still under investigation. Awaiting photos.
- Follow up 2 - 1800 Hotline Call 02039 5.4.02 SA
- Date: 5.4.02
- Time: 12.53pm
- Location: SA
- Reportee: Barbara
- Telephone number:
- Nearest State Director: Charmaine
- Report 2
- The lady with the photos Barbara had a surprise when
picking up her photos. Barbara put the film into Woolworths 1-hour processing
- she gave the film to a girl with red hair. She asked for the negative
not to be cut for good reason. When she returned to pick up the film she
was served by a lady with black hair who wasn't there when she left the
first time. The lady with the black hair addressed Barbara by her first
name before Barbara had a chance to give her the ticket for identification
of proof for pickup.
- Babara said: "I don't know this women and I was
surprised when she addressed me by my first name. When the lady gave me
the pictures to check, I could not find the photos that I had taken that
night of the UFOs. I asked the women what had happened to my pictures,
not mentioning they were photos of the objects. She told me, 'You never
took any photos on (exposures) 24, 25, and 26?' I said to her, 'Yes, I
did. if I hadn't, why are there no pictures at the end of the roll of film?'"
- Barbara informed me that on closer examination of the
photos taken at the end of the roll of film, there were pictures of someone
else's kitchen - which were unrecognizable to her. Barbara's husband was
there when Barbara took the photos and when she went to pick them up. His
comment to Barbara was: "Love, they didn't want you taking photos
of them, so they stopped you." He laughed because he was just as surprised
as Barbara at the disappearance of the photos.
- Barbara is going to send the negative to AUFORN with
a report. Barbara is very disappointed because as she said "it could
be a once in a life time experience and now there's no proof."
- Still under investigation.
- Regards, Diane Harrison
- UFO Sighting Mornington Peninsula Hastings VIctoria
- Follow up 1800 Callin Code 02045 12/05/2002 Vic.
- Time of Sighting....Approx. 10.30pm Mothers Day.
- Location. Mornington Peninsula..Hastings..Vic.
- Report.. Witnesses saw 3 bright orange lights. Red- Orange
colour, very bright, too low to be satellites, travelling slower than the
speed of a small plane. These lights were very large and silent. They
were heading in a South / South East direction towards French Island. These
were seen by the witness, his wife, their son and one other person.
- Estimated height...below 2000 ft. (One of the witnesses
is an aircraft pilot.) These objects travelled one after another...about
1 klm apart, same trajectory, same direction, same height.
- Sighting didn't make any sense to the witnesses.
- Witness called the nearby Navy base, Cerberus and was
told of a similar
- report made 24 hours before.
- End of report.
- UFO Sighting Mildura 18.05.2002 Received a phone call
last night around 7.30pm - Saturday 18th May 2002, from a Barry Mason of
Mildura. He phoned me to inform that in Mildura's local paper - Sunraysia
Daily, there was a front page report of a ufo sighting by 2 of Mildura's
- This is what he told me about the story/article: The
2 constables - a man and woman, were on patrol near the Mildura Caravan
Park, which is 4 kms out of the Mildura town centre, when they spotted
a silver disc ufo hovering over the Murray River. The 2 constables radioed
into their station about their sighting and were told by the radio operator
"Weve put the Kettle on, how about the 2 of you come back for a nice
cup of tea and a lie down."
- The reporter who followed this up for the Sunraysia Daily,
stated that when he interviewed the 2 constables they were both bright
and astute. Even though the female constable was new to the area, she
confirmed again what she saw, and the male constable also stated that this
was not the first time he had seen something. A month before when on patrol
by himself, he had observed an object once again hovering over the Murray.
I have done a Google search to see if I could find the story from the
Sunraysia Newspaper, but alas, all I get is the details of the papers readership
and where it covers and that's it. It seems to cover the border of NSW/VIC
in the Riverland area.
- I thanked Barry for his phone call. He said he thought
that AUFORN might be interested, seeing that it had been reported in the
local newspaper and the fact that 2 police officers had reported it.
- Regards, Charmaine Ballam AUFORN - Sth Australian Director
- Diane Harrison
- National Director
- The Australian UFO Research Network
- and UFO Hotline.
- Australian Skywatch Director
- Tel number 1800 77 22 88 a Free Call
- Australian UFO Research Network -
- E-mail email@example.com
- A non profit organisation
- PO Box 738
- Beaudessert 4285
- QLD Australia
- Tel 07 55 44 6888