- The CDC held a meeting in Atlanta on May 30, 2002 in
which there were over 300 "invited guests" -- including the Head
of the National Police Association and the Head of National Fireman's Association
-- and will be conducting a series of meetings over the next two weeks
to "solicit comments on the use of smallpox vaccine before and aftera
potential smallpox outbreak or bioterroist attack." (http://www.cdc.gov/od/oc/media/pressrel/a020530.htm)
- This is unprecedented.
- When did the CDC ever care what the general public thinks
about its policies?
- The general public does not know the dangers of smallpox
vaccine and has been conditioned to think that it is "just another
- Meetings will be held June 6 in NYC and SF; June 8 in
St. Louis; June 11 in San Antonio. The Nat. Academy of Science will meet
in Washington, D.C. on June 15 and then on June 19-20, the AdvisoryCommittee
of Immunization Practices (ACIP) will meet in Atlanta and will allow 4
hours of public comment. Then ACIPwill vote on recommendations for starting
smallpox vaccination.....or not.
- After the CDC submits its final recommendations to The
White House, TommyThompson and Tom Ridgewill have the ,Äúfinal
say,Äù including veto power on the recommendations. Imagine
that: they are politicians -- not doctors or scientists. So, the CDC is
trying to find a medium between being "politically correct" and
- Insider word has it that Tom Ridge wants to start vaccinating
- This has the potential to be a major disaster. The smallpox
virus would be released back into the general circulation -- as a preemptive
move based only on a perceived threat of potential terrorism. There are
serious, potentially fatal side effects associated with this vaccine, especially
for patients who are immuno-suppressed: those with diagnosed and undiagnosed
HIV/AIDS; on steroids such as Prednisone; have cancer; have had an organ
transplant; or have eczema. The virus can easily be passed from someone
who has been vaccinated to one of these people.
- The CDC is suggesting "ring vaccination" as
a means of containment in the event of an attack, butthere is a caveat:
100% compliance is necessary to make it work...meaning, that even those
with medical contraindications will most likely be vaccinated. This truly
has the potential for deadly consequences.
- Once the virus is released, no one really knows what
will happen. And the risk of spreading it around the world is nearly 100%.
Reintroducing this vaccine has the potential for having greatest adverse
effect on the health of Americans in our history.
- I will be testifying in St. Louis as one of the national
experts on the adverse effects of vaccination and I planto attend the ACIP
meeting in Atlanta. Please let your friends and family members know that
this is NOT 'just another vaccine' and the risk of the vaccine is still
much greater than the risk of the disease.
- Dr. Sherri Tenpenny C/O New Medical Awareness Seminars
14761 Pearl Road #263 Strongsville, Ohio44136 440-268-0897