- Yes... milk is Mother Nature's "perfect food"
...for a calf... until it is weaned.
- Everything you know about cow's milk and dairy is probably
part of a Dairy industry MYTH.
- Cow's milk is an unhealthy fluid from diseased animals
that contains a wide range of dangerous and disease-causing substances
that have a cumulative negative effect on all who consume it.
- MILK'S BASIC CONTENTS
- *ALL* cow's milk (regular and 'organic') has 59 active
hormones, scores of allergens, fat and cholesterol.
- Most cow's milk has measurable quantities of herbicides,
pesticides, dioxins (up to 200 times the safe levels), up to 52 powerful
antibiotics (perhaps 53, with LS-50), blood, pus, feces, bacteria and viruses.
(Cow's milk can have traces of anything the cow ate... including such
things as radioactive fallout from nuke testing ... (the 50's strontium-90
- LEADING CAUSES OF DEATH IN AMERICA
- http://webapp.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/leadcaus.html (1998)
- Rank Total Description
- 1 724,859 Heart Disease (think fats/cholesterol:
- 2 541,532 Malignant Neoplasms (cancer: think
- 2a 250,000 Medical system (drugs/etc. think
- 3 158,448 Cerebro-vascular (think meat milk
- 4 112,584 Bronchitis Emphysema Asthma (think
- 5 97,835 Unintentional Injuries and Adverse
- 6 91,871 Pneumonia & Influenza (think
weak immune systems and
- 7 64,751 Diabetes (think milk/dairy)
- 7a 40,000+ Highway slaughter (men, women and
- 8 30,575 Suicide (think behavioral problems)
- 9 26,182 Nephritis (Bright's disease: inflammation
- 10 25,192 Liver Disease (think alcohol and
- (2a and 7a were added for completeness)
- (note: Number 13 on the CDC list is -18,272 Homicide
& Legal Intervention-. It is curious that the CDC would readily list
law enforcement and homicides... and not the 250,000 deaths caused by the
- CANCER FUEL
- Of those 59 hormones one is a powerful GROWTH hormone
called Insulin- like Growth Factor ONE (IGF-1). By a freak of nature it
is identical in cows and humans. Consider this hormone to be a "fuel
cell" for any cancer... (the medical world says IGF-1 is a key factor
in the rapid growth and proliferation of breast, prostate and colon cancers,
and we suspect that most likely it will be found to promote ALL cancers).
- IGF-1 is a normal part of ALL milk... the newborn is
SUPPOSED to grow quickly! What makes the 50% of obese American consumers
think they need MORE growth? Consumers don't think anything about it because
they do not have a clue to the problem... nor do most of our doctors.
- (See http://www.notmilk.com/igf1time.txt for a time line)
- Each bite of hard cheese has TEN TIMES whatever was in
that sip of milk... because it takes ten pounds of milk to make one pound
of cheese. Each bite of ice cream has 12 times ... and every swipe of butter
21 times whatever is contained in the fat molecules in a sip of milk.
- MONSANTO AND rbGH (Posilac)
- Monsanto Chemical Co., maker of fine poisons such as
DDT, agent orange, Roundup and more... spent around half a billion dollars
inventing a shot to inject into cows... to force a cow to produce MORE
milk (for an already glutted taxpayer subsidized market).
- Unfortunately, they created *FIVE* errors in their Frankenstein
Posilac (rbGH) shot that direly affected all test animals... but that important
report (Richard, Odaglia & Deslex, 1989) has been hidden from everyone
under Clinton's Trade Secrets act. The Canadians read enough of this report
(before it was stolen) to reject rbGH for their country.
- Monsanto's Posilac creates additional IGF-1 in milk:
up to 80% more.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) insists that IGF-1
is destroyed in the stomach. If that were true, the FDA has proven that
breast feeding cannot work. Common sense says their "finding"
is ridiculous because this growth factor DOES make the baby calf grow (rapidly,
as mother natured intended). Visit the Dairy Education Board at http://www.notmilk.com/deb/100399.html
to review a DAIRY study that confirms what the FDA has lied about this
- IGF-1 INCREASES
- This study involved two groups. One group consuming
12 ounces of milk a day and the other consuming the USDA recommended allowance
of 24 ounces (three cups). This report notes that the participants consuming
12 ounces more milk per day... HAD A 10% RISE IN IGF-1 IN THEIR BLOOD SERUM!
Now, consider that PER DAY, from ALL sources, the typical milk/dairy consumer
ingests approximately 39% of daily diet from dairy... and that 10% increase
becomes the "tip of the iceberg". We have NO idea of the non-dairy
versus full-dairy difference but considering cancer rates... it has to
- Whole milk 49% of the calories are from fat.
- "2%" milk 35% of the calories are
- Cheddar cheese 74% of the calories are from fat.
- Butter 100% of the calories are from fat.
- Most folks suspect that butter is all fat. Most folks
have no concept of the just how much fat is in the rest of milk and dairy.
Perhaps the 54% of Americans who are obese need to comprehend that milk,
ice cream, cheeses, yogurts, and all the OTHER products that use milk derivatives
(casein, whey, lactose, colostrum) are most likely a significant cause
for their weight and health problem.
- Calcium? Where do the COWS get calcium for their big
bones? Yes... from plants! The calcium they consume from plants has a
large amount of magnesium... necessary for the body to absorb and USE the
- The calcium in cow's milk is basically useless because
it has insufficient magnesium content (those nations with the highest amount
of milk/dairy consumption also have the highest rates of osteoporosis.
Proof? How about a controlled study of 78,000 nurses over a period of
- Read more about it at:
- http://www.notmilk.com/deb/030799.html Article on
the 78,000 nurse study
- http://www.notmilk.com/deb/092098.html CALCIUM AND
- http://www.notmilk.com/badbones.html WHO GETS BONE
- http://www.notmilk.com/bonehead.txt CRIPPLING BONEHEADS
- http://www.notmilk.com/calcium/index.html Consolidated
- Cows milk has three times the calcium as does human breast
milk. No matter, neither are very usable because in order to be absorbed
and used their MUST be an equal quantity of MAGNESIUM (as exists in the
greens that cows eat to get all the calcium they need for their big bones).
Milk has only enough magnesium to absorb around 11% (33mg per cup) of calcium.
- Per the USDA 8 ounces (one cup) of cows milk contains:
- Calcium, Ca mg 291.336
- Magnesium, Mg mg 32.794
- The USDA recommends 1200mg of calcium per day. The USDA
recommended three cups of milk a day only have 900mg of calcium. Some
argue that only 1/3 of the magnesium is necessary. Mother nature seems
to suggest it should be one to one. If the ratio for proper absorption
were 1/3 magnesium to one calcium then no more than 300mg of that 900mg
of calcium is usable. If, in fact, it is a one to one ratio... only 98.38mg
of calcium is usable.
- It is not a matter of how much calcium one ingests...
but how much one does not lose.
- Milk can be thought of as "liquid meat" because
of its high protein content which, in concert with other proteins, may
actually LEACH calcium from the body. Countries that consume high protein
diets (meat, milk and dairy) have the highest rates of osteoporosis.
- THE 'WHOLESOME' PROTEIN MYTH
- 87% of milk is water. That makes it VERY expensive water.
- Broken down into its basic groups... WHOLE MILK is:
- WATER FAT CASEIN OTHER PROTEIN
- 87% 3.25% 4% 1% 4.75
- (note: that is 3.25% "milkfat" which includes
the 87% water.)
- 80% of the protein in milk is casein. Casein is a powerful
- polymer used to make plastics... and a glue that is better
used to make
- sturdy furniture or hold beer bottle labels in place.
It is in
- thousands of processed foods as a binder... as "something"
- Casein is a powerful allergen... a histamine that creates
- mucus. The only medicine in Olympic athlete Flo-Jo's
body was Benedryl,
- a power antihistamine she took to combat her last meal...
- For the whole Flo-Jo story:
- http://www.notmilk.com/deb/111598.html and
- http://www.notmilk.com/deb/112398.html for the whole
- Cow's milk is allowed to have feces in it. This is a
major source for bacteria. Milk is typically pasteurized more than once
before it gets to your table... each time for only 15 seconds at 162 degrees
- To sanitize water one is told to boil it (212 degrees
F) for several minutes. That is a tremendous disparity, isn't it!
- Keep in mind that at room temperature the number of bacteria
in milk DOUBLE around every 20 minutes. No wonder milk turns rotten very
- ONE cubic centimeter (cc) of commercial cow's milk is
allowed to have up to 750,000 somatic cells (common name is "PUS")
and 20,000 live bacteria... before it is kept off the market.
- That amounts to a whopping 20 million live squiggly bacteria
and up to 750 MILLION pus cells per liter (bit more than a quart).
- 1 cup = 236.5882cc 177,441,150 pus cells ~ 4,731,600
- 24 oz (3 glasses) = 532,323,450 pus cells ~ 14,220,000
- (the "recommended" daily intake)
- The EU and the Canadians allow for a less "tasty"
400,000,000 pus cells per liter.
- Typically these levels are lower... but they COULD reach
these levels and still get to YOUR table.
- The cholesterol content of those three glasses of milk
is equal to what one would get from 53 slices of bacon. Do you know of
any doctor who recommends that much bacon per day?
- Is cow's milk and dairy "Kosher"? Consider
- "D-3 always is derived from an animal. The sunlight
reaction that converts 7-dehydrocholesterol to vitamin D-3 is a 'pure'
chemical reaction that occurs in your skin in certain cells."
- "The provitamin known as 7-dehydrocholesterol is
extracted and isolated from the skins of mammals and purified." (Marian
Herbert of the Vitamin D Workshop U of C)
- Vitamin D-3 can come from four different sources:
- Pig skin, sheep skin, raw fish liver, and pig brains.
Most of the time, Vitamin D-3 is extracted from pig skin and sold to dairy
- Short answer to "is milk kosher" - probably
- OTHER 'STUFF'
- Fat and cholesterol. Lots of it. Per the dairy influenced
USDA "food pyramid" all milk, dairy and meats should represent
no more than 8% of the diet. Statistically, by volume of sales in a nation
of 281 million Americans, it works out to almost 40% of the diet for MILK
AND DAIRY.. without the meat.
- The milk of each of the over 4,700 mammals on earth is
formulated specifically for that species. There are special lactoferrins
and immunoglobulins (cow specific immunizing stuff) that in humans serve
- According to Hoards Dairyman (Volume 147, number 4)...
89% of America's dairy herds have the leukemia virus. (more at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/notmilk/message/835)
- The protein lactalbumin, has been identified as a key
factor in diabetes (and a major reason for NOT giving cows milk to infants).
- CROHN'S DISEASE
- Mycobacterium paratuberculosis causes a bovine disease
- Cows diagnosed with Johne's Disease have diarrhea, and
heavy fecal shedding of bacteria. This bacteria becomes cultured in milk,
and is not destroyed by pasteurization. Occasionally, the milk-borne bacteria
will begin to grow in the human host, and the results are irritable bowel
syndrome and Crohn's Disease.
- MAD COW DISEASE
- There may also be prions (pronounced PREons) in the milk
and meat. This is crystalline substance that acts like a virus... with
an "incubation" period of from 5 to 30 years. The end result
is MAD COW DISEASE!
- Large fat molecules cannot get through the intestinal
wall into the bloodstream. The cream no longer rises... because homogenization
breaks up those large molecules into small ones that DO get into the bloodstream!
This becomes an expressway for any fat-borne toxins (lead, dioxin's, etc.)
into your (otherwise) most protected organs.
- CUMULATIVE EFFECTS
- How does this impact humans who consume cow's milk and
dairy? Obesity (over 50% of Americans and rising), heart disease, cancer,
allergies, digestive problems, diabetes, asthma, desensitization to antibiotics,
behavioral problems, and the constant ingestion of dioxin's, herbicides,
pesticides (and anything else the cow eats that is not good for any critter),
that winds up getting stored in HUMAN fat... is not healthy by any measure.
- Those who resist believing the truth should understand
that MOST of the world's population CANNOT tolerate the lactose in cow's
milk. Up to 95% of the black population, around 53% of the Hispanics,
etc.) So much for cow's milk being "natures perfect food" for
humans! Mother nature knows better.
- Common sense question: Where was this massive "milk
is a must" before refrigeration, pasteurization and mass transportation?
Back when cows gave only 1-4 pounds a day it was quickly made into BUTTER
and cheese! Now that those same cows have been tweaked and shot-up with
Posilac to produce up to 55 or more pounds of milk per day... almost all
year long... it is suddenly (after many thousands of years) a daily "staple".
- There are around 9.2 million dairy cows in the United
states. Each dairy cow ingests around 330 pounds of feed (perhaps 50 pounds)
and water (around 280 pounds or 33 gallons) per day. Allowing for the
best dairy production of 55 pounds of milk per day (over ten times what
mother nature designed the cow to produce) that means that what remains
- That means around 275 pound of urine and feces per day...
per cow, for a daily total of 2.53 BILLION pounds of pollution. Per year...
that amounts to around 923 billion pounds of UNTREATED pollution entering
our streams, rivers, lakes... and drinking water systems.
- Cows are hot-blooded mammals. Like all other mammals
they pass gas. Somewhat like elephants their compartmented digestive system
is rather inefficient... which leads to the creation of MORE gas. During
a Discovery Channel documentary on elephants a parting quip was that the
average adult elephant passes enough methane gas per day to run a car about
- Cows are not much better. The English New Scientist
(page 5 -31.8.96) mentions that cattle produce around 48 kilograms (105
pounds) of methane each per year and that more bubbles out of the animals'
manure. Dairy cows eat more because they produce milk. With 9.2 million
dairy cows times a minimum of 100 pounds of methane gas per year... that
amounts almost a billion pounds of methane gas released into the atmosphere
each year. With around 100 million beef cattle... pigs, sheep, and other
"factory farmed" animals it should not be difficult to fathom
the extent of this problem.
- This means that "Beef is a greenhouse-intensive
food" and a major cause of global warming (with dairy a significant
part of the problem).
- Another major point is:
- "Milk is a very strong pollutant: it is about 400
times more polluting than untreated sewage. To put it another way, 1,000
gallons of milk has the same polluting potential as the untreated sewage
from a town of 7,000 people." Morlais Owen. Chief Scientist for Welsh
Water. North Wales Weekly News. 24.3.88.
- SOME QUESTIONS ANSWERED
- Q: What is WHEY?
- A: Whey results when the FAT and CASEIN are removed
- In making cheese, the curds become the cheese.
- Whey's main components are bovine serum albumin and lactalbumin.
- There are other hormones contained in whey.
- Q: What happens to the:
- 59 hormones, scores of allergens herbicides, pesticides,
- up to 52 antibiotics
- When made into cheese?
- A: Everything gets concentrated.
- When made into butter?
- A: The allergens get lost: but the dioxin's and
- pesticides and antibiotics remain in the fat.
- In the digestive system?
- A: Steroid hormones survive, as do dioxins and antibiotics.
- In homogenized milk, protein hormones survive... depending
- gastric pH, some protein hormones in cheese survive,
but not all...
- eleven steroid hormones survive.