- 050 Investigator Request: Yes
- 100 Date: 09/10/2001
- 110 Time: 21:00
- 120 Duration: 4-5 minutes
- 130 Sighting City: Salt Lake
- 140 Sighting State: ut
- 150 Sighting Zip: 84120
- 160 Sighting County: Salt Lake
- 168 Number of Craft: 1
- 170 Witnesses: 1
- 172 Shape: Triangle
- 180 Description: Black,Triangular shaped object appears
- 190 Description:
- My wife and I had been walking at the local high school
track. I suffer from a back problem, so I decided to rest on the bleachers
in the football stadium while she continued. As I lay on my back looking
at the stars, a large black triangular shape traveled noiselessly across
the sky. It move from N.W to S.E. The first thing that called my attention
to it was that my view stars were being blocked as it moved across the
sky. I couldn't begin to guess how high it was, unless I knew it's actual
size. We live in the approach path of S.L International, and it seemed
nearly as low as a typical 757 on approach 7 miles out. It was definitely
larger than a passenger jet by 4 or 5 times (I would guess).
- I saw no lights on the object, and as I said there was
no noise associated with it. It was obviously black or another dark color.
By the time I could get my wife's attention it was too far south of us
to see. I waited this long to report for the obvious reasons. Many skeptical
people try to get you to rationalize the experience.
- (Note - This is an perfect example of an eyewitness
using the NUFORC online reporting form available around the clock at ufocenter.com.
Don't hesitate to use it. -ed)