- The following discussion is meant to open the door to
new research and earnest 'official' scientific scrutiny.
- CJD, sCJD, nvVJD, vCJD, CWD Mad Deer Disease, BSE Mad
Cow Disease, TSE, Alzheimer's and so on are all names of the SAME basic
100% fatal disease conditions caused by 'misfolded proteins' known as prions.
- After studying these diseases and their frightening progress
over the years, it is now clear they are all directly related to one another.
These misfolded proteins seat themselves in the host brain and immediately
begin to turn it into hole-filled sponge-like material.
- The only appreciable difference between prions seems
to be which part of the brain is turned to mush.
- In the only published research of its type, the brains
of approximately 65 Alzheimer's victims were analyzed. About 15 of the
brains showed death by 'CJD'... classic prion disease...and not what is
called 'Alzheimer's' Disease.
- The point: if about 25% of Alzheimer's deaths were caused
by CJD, where is it coming from?? Of course, there has never been a single,
solitary case of Mad Cow disease here in the US...so cow meat couldn't
possibly be the source...
- What of Alzheimer's itself? What is at work destroying
the brain? Prions? YES. Alzheimer's is marked by an accumulation of amyloid,
an abnormally folded protein which forms fibrils. Fibrils are abnormal
strings of proteins clumped together; the fibrils accumulate because they
are difficult for the body's natural defenses to remove.
- Here are two items from an excellent overview of prion
diseases at: http://www.biology.hawaii.edu/Bio406/files/BIO406_lec_04.PDF
- "Degenerative diseases of the nervous system associated
with amyloid amyloid formation are frequently caused by caused by misfolded
- Neuronal degeneration associated with amyloid plaque
* Alzheimer's disease
* Prion diseases
- Indestructible Prions
- These 'rogue' proteins - prions - are virtually indestructible.
Hundreds scientific reports, studies and papers describe how prions cannot
be frozen to death, do not respond to ANY antibiotics or chemical treatments
and withstand temperatures of approximately 1000 degrees F.
- Autoclaves, upon which medicine and dentistry rely to
sterilize all reusable invasive instruments, operate at around 250 degrees...far
too low to even approach destroying these killer proteins - which one leading
and extremely perplexed British scientist recently described, only half
in jest, as not being from this planet. There may be more truth to his
offhand remark than he realized.
- Mutilations And Monitoring
- CJD/BSE prions are clearly being spread throughout the
environment. We are now going to state, with reasonable conviction, that
prions are linked to the mystery of widespread cattle, horse and many other
types of animal mutilations which have been a near constant phenomenon
since the late 1960's.
- Is 'someone' monitoring the spread of prions in our gravely-declining
environment by taking tissue samples from these animals? I now believe
that to likely be at least part of the answer.
- We do know that human tonsils, when biopsied, have been
found to contain prions in infected patients. Further, a Nobel Laureate
has just announced that prions have also now been found in the MUSCLE tissue
of infected mice...but in lower concentrations than brain tissue. (see
story below). How many prions does it take to become infected?
- Human Pharmaceuticals Found In Some Mutilated Cattle
- Most mutilated cattle, horses, etc, evidence the same
precise wounds to the head, reproductive and rectal areas. There are always
organs missing, most often the eyes, tongue and the rectum. As is well-known,
the wounds aren't 'cuts' but are laser-like 'incisions' done at estimated
temperatures of close to 400 degrees F. There is never blood at the incision
sites or much, if any remaining in the corpse. It is also reported that
back muscles of the animals often show internal bleeding...indicative of
something that occurred from above them. Many of the dead animals also
show signs of having been dropped to the ground...with broken bones and
horns shoved deeply into the soil.
- Researcher and former police officer Ted Oliphant visited
this program on several occasions a number of years ago. He revealed in
detail how, during his extensive cattle mutilation investigations in Alabama
beginning in 1992, traces of human pharmaceuticals such as anti-coagulants
and pain killers were found in some of the mutilated cattle. That would
suggest humans were involved in SOME of the Alabama cases.
- If humans were involved in some of the mutilations, they
removed for apparent testing the same basic tissues and organs that are
universally-reported to be taken during these mysterious cases.
- But what about the rest of the mutilations in North and
South America and elsewhere...going back nearly four decades... and including
the very recent deaths of scores of cattle, horses, llamas and wild boar,
etc, in Argentina? Many of those cases were accompanied by unambiguous
sightings of UFOs by dozens of eyewitnesses.
- And how about human mutilations? In one South American
case - documented with photos and complete autopsy - an adult male was
found in Brazil in September, 1988, will all the hallmark signs of classic
cattle mutilation. Brazilian police reported there were at least a dozen
other similar unsolved human mutilation deaths at that time.
- A logical conclusion to entertain might be that both
ET 'visitors' and humans are monitoring the spread of prions now. It is
a reasonable guess that clandestine tissue monitoring might also going
on at slaughterhouses around the US.
- Again: How many prions does it take to become infected?
- No More Fully-Sterile Invasive Medical/Dental Instruments
- We DO know that in the ONLY study ever done (or released
to the public...) on invasive, reusable medical (tonsillectomy) instruments
in the UK, over 50% of the instruments were found to be contaminated with
deadly prions AFTER REPEATED STERILIZATIONS.
- That particularly 'bad news' story disappeared VERY quickly
from the UK mass media.
- About the time the tonsillectomy instrument story was
published, a new UK study was announced that thousands of tonsils taken
from UK children and young people would be tested for prions.
- To our knowledge, RESULTS of that study WERE NEVER MADE
- Beside the mystery tonsil tests, and tests on human brains
of the deceased, no prion tests of any other human tissues have been noted
in the media or mentioned in scientific reports. No prion tests of human
tongues, rectal tissues, eyes, or any internal organs.
- Another news story also appeared proposing that a routine
biopsy of tonsil tissues in humans might be the best and quickest way to
screen for prion disease. That story, too, came by once...and then vanished.
- Prions, Lies And Death
- Note - the first deer deaths from CWD occurred in an
isolated heard in the US in the mid-1960's...something few recall. Note
also, that the first 'official' animal mutilation befell 'Skippy' the horse
in Colorado in the late 1967 and there have been over 10,000 reported cattle
mutilations since then.
- And what about those with HIV/AIDS? It is a fact that
50% of those who become HIV positive show almost immediate signs of compromised
brain activity...commonly-called 'AIDS dementia'. Late stage AIDS is almost
invariably marked with massive dementia. Is there a correlation between
prion disease and the dementia in AIDS patients?
- And remember all the lies...for years...from the British
government about Mad Cow and the risks to humans? The British government
finally, formally apologized to its people but only after over 100 had
died from the 'human form' of mad cow prion disease. And how many Britons
became infected because of those lies and are incubating prions right now
but are not yet showing symptoms? Is this why the results of the tonsil
biopsy tests were never, to our knowledge, released to the public?
- Remember how the British officials first promised there
was no danger from eating beef...but that the public should simply not
eat beef brains? Then the government said the consumer should avoid both
brain AND spinal tissues. And then, at long last, the British government
banned ALL beef 'on the bone'. That simple progression of common sense
took years to occur.
- Meanwhile, about four years ago, the British government
ordered all optometrists and other professionals fitting patients for contact
lenses to immediately STOP USING REUSABLE CONTACT LENSES for fitting in
patients' eyes. Why do you suppose that happened?
- And then there was the cosmetic surgery clinic which
had to notify a number of successive patients that an earlier patient turned
out to have CJD and that they all might be infected with fatal prion disease.
- Also, if you remember, there were patients at a birthing
hospital in the UK who had to be told they might have contracted mad cow
disease after a patient who had C section died from the disease. Not much
information on that situation was forthcoming either. It came out once
and then...gone! Never to be followed up. We wonder how many of those women
and their babies contracted the disease. We wonder if the baby of the mad
cow deceased mother contracted it as well.
- And in that we now know prions are also found in muscle
tissue - in addition to brain and spinal tissues - how can we RULE OUT
the presence of these TINY killer proteins - or the agent that causes them
to misfold - in the blood supply? Answer: we cannot.
- "Everyone Should Be Tested"
- And now comes a formal call by Dr. Stanley Pruisner that
- Britain be tested for prion disease and infectivity.
- Here is that story:
- Top Nobel Scientist Wants ALL Britons Tested
Nobel Laureate Warns Of Prions Found In Animal Muscle
How Many Prions Does It Take To Become Infected?
- By Richard Woodman
- LONDON (Reuters Health) -
The scientist who won the Nobel prize for discovering prions, the abnormal
proteins implicated in mad cow disease, has called for all Britons to be
tested for the deadly brain ailment after finding surprisingly high prion
levels in the muscles of mice infected with a similar illness, British
newspapers reported Sunday.
- Professor Stanley Prusiner of the University of California,
San Francisco, told the Independent that the finding raised the "obvious
worry" that cows and sheep could be similarly affected. Mad cow disease,
or bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE), has been linked to a similar
illness in humans who ate contaminated meat. Sheep can carry a related
illness called scrapie.
- Until now, levels of prions in infected cow and sheep
meat and muscle tissue were always believed to be low enough not to pose
a significant risk of transmission and the emphasis was to remove the brain
and spinal cord, which harbor much higher levels.
- However, according to the newspaper, new tests being
pioneered at the University of California are far more sensitive and have
discovered higher concentrations of prions in muscle than have previously
- While describing the findings as significant, Prusiner
stressed that the levels are still 100-fold less than those found in brains.
- He called for testing of everyone in Britain to establish
the true extent of variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD), which has killed
117 people since 1995.
- "A million cattle infected with BSE entered the
British food chain so almost everyone in the country will have been exposed
to the infectious prion proteins that cause variant CJD. Every Briton should
be tested so that if they are developing the disease it can be spotted
before symptoms appear," he told the Sunday Times.
- Prusiner was in Britain to discuss research into the
- Last week scientists at University College London reported
that research on mice suggested BSE caused the "sporadic" strain
of CJD, as well as variant CJD, which, if confirmed, could significantly
increase the number of potential victims.
- From Patricia Doyle, PhD
- Jeff - This is AMAZING! Simply amazing. When Dr. Pruisner,
foremost Prionologist in the WORLD, suggests all Britons get tested for
prion disease, you KNOW we have a crisis situation. I think people in the
US need to be tested as well. It is not simply a matter of people eating
deer meat or CWD infected meat. Many of these people who ate Deer, Elk
or Moose in the US and potentially-infected, could have exposed OTHERS
via blood donation or sexual contact, etc. When such a powerful main stream
scientist sounds the warning regarding prion disease, this indicates much
more of a problem then the CDC, the government, or anyone ever realized...or
admitted. Combine this to the UK scientist who likened prion to 'alien'
pathogen and an alarm should sound in the minds of all reasonable, rational
people. Anyone who eats MEAT, or meat additive products, is playing Russian
- Mad Deer, Elk, Moose...And How Many Other Animals?
- At Rense.com, I have been carefully tracking the current,
exploding,100% deadly CWD Mad Deer prion epidemic as it races across the
US. Latest reports show it to be in at least 14 states and Canada. Tens
of thousands of deer and elk heads have been brought to storage sites and
locations to be sawn open and the brains to be checked for CWD prion infection.
- Efforts announced by at least two states to go into a
large designated areas where CWD deer have been found and to shoot all
the deer to death to 'stop' the spread of CWD/Mad Deer disease are absurd.
- No one knows exactly how Mad Deer/CWD prions are being
spread through the deer population. The best guess is saliva and body fluids...BUT
no one has - or can - rule out aerosolized transmission. No one knows how
CWD found its way into farmed, isolated elk herds in the US and Canada,
- There was one rather bizarre government explanation a
few years ago which attempted to explain the outbreak of CWD in deer as
deriving directly from foraging deer on open cattle ranches becoming infected
from EATING CATTLE FEED which was dumped in the fields for the cattle,
especially during the winter months.
- Amazingly, the public bought this lame excuse with nary
a whimper. NO ONE bothered to ask about the CATTLE!
- Of course, there is no Mad Cow/BSE in the U.S. according
to the Beef and Dairy Industries and the USDA. But just for speculation,
let's assume there were a number of cases of mad cow discovered here in
the US, what do you suppose would happen to the mega-billion dollar beef
and dairy industries? Hint: remember what happened in Great Britain. Howard
Lyman (madcowboy.com) regularly speculates on the issue of possible BSE
in US cattle. For speaking his piece, he was named in a major lawsuit with
Oprah by the beef industry. Howard and Oprah prevailed.
- Keep in mind the incubation period for Mad Cow/BSE can
be 5 years and longer... maybe even up to 20 years. Here in the US, beef
cattle are slaughtered long before their fifth birthdays. Another note
to remember: so-called 'downer cattle' - thousands and thousands of sick
and dying animals...are routinely sent to slaughter. And no effort is made
to check for BSE.
- Back to the catastrophic slaughter of animals in the
UK during the height of the Mad Cow disaster. How did the Brits get rid
of the prions in the infected animal cadavers? They either buried the bodies
in vast pits or they burned them in huge pyres. The corpses in the pits
have largely all decomposed by now. Many express little doubt prions have
made their way into nearby water tables, streams and rivers. In the case
of the massive burning of corpses, there is little doubt prions were carried
off into the environment in the mountains of smoke and vapors rising from
the flames and fire.
- What happens to road kill...from rabid raccoons to possibly
CWD deer and scores of other animal types? Answer: they are picked up and
usually taken to rendering plants, along with millions of bodies of pet
cats and dogs, to be made into PET FOOD and commercial and garden fertilizer
products. Did you know many veterinarians report increased numbers of dementia-like
illnesses in dogs and cats?
- Back to the estimated 200,000 deer and elk heads now
- or soon to be - sitting in storage waiting to be sawed into to extract
the brains for analysis. What will the government agencies do with all
of these heads? Answer: they will probably burn them in crematories...and,
yes, expel a certain amount of prions into the environment with each and
every CWD positive head or brain they immolate.
- From Patricia Doyle, PhD
- Jeff - I have to wonder if we are seeing prion disease
in fish and water animals, reptiles. Remember, the reptiles that died in
a 4-year span in Florida showed 'neurological symptoms.' This may be prion
infection and NOT WNV. The research needs to be ongoing to
find out what killed or is killing HUNDREDS of alligators. So, are other
forms of life prone to prion infection? I believe the answer is YES. What
about the Brant geese? We never found out what killed all of those thousands
of Brant Geese last November and January. They died of symptoms which sounded
very much like prion disease. If, as most of us believe, mutated prions
have entered the environment, they may also be in our water and even in
the air thanks to crematories. As you mentioned, the funeral crematorium
could be sending out mutant prions. Birds pass over and voila. People living
adjacent or even driving by with the windows done
would potentially be exposed. So far, no one is testing to find out
- how many prions are sent skyward when burning a CJD corpse...
- And what about human cadavers of the people who die from
'Alzheimer's' or those who are actually diagnosed with CJD and then die?
- Did you know brain biopsies are refused to patients suspected
of having CJD? Did you know dozens of brain surgery patients have sued
a major hospital because a prior patient was found to have had CJD and
that hospital had to warn all successive patients that they may now have
CJD, too? -- Because the hospital knows autoclaving reusable, invasive
surgical instruments cannot sterilize them of prions.
- Dentists are perhaps the most adamant about refusing
to face the fact that THEIR surgical/invasive/reusable instruments might
also NOT be sterilizable from prion contamination. Want to see an unhappy
dentist? Take this material into the office and ask him or her to read
through it. You'll get the standard line: "If there was a problem,
the ADA would notify us immediately." Or, "Until they change
the sterilization protocols, we will stay with the official guidelines."
And if you don't like it, feel free to find another dentist...
- For more than the past four years, I have been demanding
a complete cessation of the reuse of invasive surgical and dental instruments.
This should be considered a national priority.
- Here is a recent note to Dr. Patricia Doyle, PhD and
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To: Patricia Doyle, PhD
- Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002
- It is well past time we need to begin putting all of
these prion diseases in the same 100% FATAL basket and stop labeling them
differently...CJD, BSE, CWD, etc. This is a deception and it must end.
- As we know, prions are essentially indestructible. They
are a POTENTIAL mechanism by which much of the world population, human
and animal, could be reduced. One of the top UK scientists said prions
seem like an 'ALIEN DISEASE' recently.
- From Patricia Doyle, PhD
- Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002
- Hello, Jeff - I totally agree with you on the fact that
prion disease is the same disease, nuances of each just affect different
parts of the brain. Whether it affects or "spongifies" the cerebellum,
brain stem or cebral cortex differentiates the name. The fact that the
CDC and others don't recognize it
- makes no difference -- the disease mechanism factor is
the same: the prion.
- I look at it like computer "programming." Someone
may have figured out how to "program" a prion or protein to misfold,
and learned how that 'rogue' protein will affect the brain. That is a pretty
tall order, even for our current advances in biotechnology...but for an
alien culture, it could be child's play.
- Jeff, do you know if there has ever been any research
on those who have been abducted? I would look for changes in spinal fluid
and brain tissue. I am wondering what percent of those who claim abduction,
and I believe that most are telling the truth about being abducted, have
brain and spinal nuance changes. What a great research project that would
- Quite possibly, programming prion mutation, is, as the
British researcher put it, is 'alien.' I doubt if this type of research
will go foward in the prion community as most, like Dr. Fred Cohen of UCSF,
call those of us with such opinions 'uncredible.' I have written to him
on several occassions and was not given much consideration or even professional
- I do believe, and so mentioned on your program, that
cattle/animal mutilations might have some bearing on the current prion
disease outbreaks which are of a mass epidemic now in the North
- American deer and elk populations.
- Another thing I am wondering is if the chemtrails have
any bearing on the spread. I wonder if any of the chemtrail investigators
have tested for prion or synthetic proteins or proteins of any form in
- the air after heavy spraying has occurred? Just one of
- Perhaps, "someone" either of this earth - or
not - has decided to wipe out industralized first world countries? Look
at those coming foward with this disease, US, UK, Europe, Japan, Australia.
I don't see cases, yet, in Africa, or Latin America. Of course, they already
have raging HIV/AIDS epidemics. So, we have to then ask, why?
- There have been several large mutilation cases now in
South and Central amercia, and it will be interesting to note if any of
those countries begin to have mad cow, mad deer, mad anything disease.
- Humans are very close to making this planet unlivable
via pollution and raping of natural resources. Is this the environment
- Are there those forces or entities from other universes
who want to void the planet Earth?
- One sure way to find out if prion disease is connected
with alien abductions of humans and cattle mutilations is to study the
abductiees and their families for the next 20+ years. Also, one must test
animals in the areas of mutilations.
- It is so obvious that these "alien prions"
are already in our food supply. How anyone can continue to eat meat, either
deer meat or butcher meat, is beyond me.
- It would also be advisable to monitor mad animal/mad
people disease in areas of heavy chemtrail activity. I do not subscribe
to the idea that chemtrails are the work of the Govt. trying to immunize
people against biowar diseases. Immunization could not be successful administered
by falling chemtrails. Too many variables. Heat, sunlight, wind dispersals,
one's duration in the outdoors etc etc. I think they are more then weather
control. I think it is very sinister and testing of chemtrail materials
needs to include protein identification.
- Well, this is just my two cents worth. I agree with you
that prion disease is ONE disease (depending on programming) that affects
different parts of the brain. There might even be some unidentified human
factor that predisposes one to which part of the brain would spongify.
- You are the only voice that has called attention to prion
disease and recognized it for what it is, an epidemic that will eventually
kill millions if not all on the planet.
- And Another Note From Dr. Doyle
- Hello, Jeff - Yes, these are all things that the CDC
and others did not consider, or if they did, they did not want the information
made public. Take this one step further, what about the animal crematories
for Plum Island, Ames Iowa, and Ft. Detrick, etc.?
- We know that there were 375 Fresian sheep from Vermont
that were carrying nvTSE. Most were sent to APHIS in Newberg at Stewart
Airbase to the quarantine center for "slaughter" and incineration.
21 went to Plum Island. Doubtful that any of the 21 have survived. So,
where do Plum Island specimens go? The Plum will NOT answer that question
clearly. Ms. Sally Hays does a two-step around that one.
- At one point in time, I think it was a year or two ago,
carcasses and exposed barrals were seen coming out of the pits on Plum
Island. The PR people said that this was a temporary situation as the burial
and dump sites were being exhumed and taken off the island. So, where does
all of this red hot stuff go?
- Jeff, I stated last month on your program that we have
not yet begun to hear about CWD. Very very soon, we will find out that
other species of animals have a prionlike disease. We have a ticking timebomb
here and we are counting down to zero.
- If you remember I stated on the program that I felt that
Chronic Wasting Disease and nvBSE showed up about the same time that cattle
mutilations became frequent. Are the cattle mutilations actually a test,
searching for prions? or are they more sinister? Has "someone"
been using animal tissue to develop prion disease.
- It would be interesting if someone were to research the
numbers of cases of CJD, sCJD, GSS, Alzheimer Disease, etc in humans around
funeral and animal crematoriums. Also, it would be interesting to study
the numbers of cases of BSE, nvTSE in the UK and Europe in relation to
nearby crematoriums. I wonder if the numbers are highest near these places?
- Finding numbers of human cases will be difficult as Alzheimer
cases, I believe, are not reportable to the CDC. Still, it would be a great
study and one that needs to be commenced.
- Patricia A. Doyle, PhD
- Please visit my "Emerging Diseases" message
- So, there you have the latest on the prion threat. For
further research and data,
- please visit the Mad Cow/CJD DataPage on the left side
of the Rense.com home page.
- -- Jeff Rense
- First published 12-3-2