- Note - There is no doubt the Pentagon has far more intelligence
on Iraq than it has released. It will be used strategically when the timing
is deemed most propitious for the Bush administration's plans.
- Naturally, the Pentagon will not want to disclose how
GOOD its intelligence and surveillance capabilities are by revealing all
that is known about Saddam's stores of hidden weapons.
- That Saddam has at least some capacity in WMD seems not
in serious doubt, and it should come as no surprise when the Pentagon finally
moves to identify alleged locations and types of materials.
- The article by Mr. Thomas - attributing Iraq weapons
intelligence data to a defector - might even be a means of to try to obscure
how really excellent US and Israeli intelligence technology is...especially
with the use of billions of dollars' worth of spy satellites peering down
on Iraq. -ed
Saddam's senior bodyguard has fled from Iraq with details of Saddam's secret
- His revelations come the day the UN inspectors report
to the Security Council whether they have found a smoking gun that will
- Abu Hamdi Mahmoud has provided a list of sites that so
far the UN inspectors have not visited. They include:
- An underground chemical weapons facility at the southern
end of the Jadray Peninsula in Baghdad.
- A Scud assembly area near Ramadi. The missiles come from
- Two underground bunkers in Iraq's Western desert. These
contain bio weapons.
- William Tierney, a former UN weapons inspector who has
continued to gather information on Saddam's arsenal, described Mahmoud's
information as "the smoking gun. Once the inspectors go to where Mahmoud
has pointed them, then it's all over for Saddam".
- Tierney still has high level contacts in Washington that
reach into the White House.
- He said that the information we publish today on Mahmoud's
revelations "checks out, absolutely checks out."
- Tierney believes it is "inevitable" that we
will go to war.
- Globe-Intel has independently obtained documents smuggled
out of Iraq which show he does have weapons of mass destruction that have
eluded discovery by UN inspectors.
- The weapons include motorised underwater mines capable
of creeping along the sea bed and then surfacing beneath a battleship or
- Each mine is filled with chemicals that upon explosion
can envelop the ship in a deadly cloud of poison.
- The documents show that the mines and other weapons of
mass destruction have been secretly developed at sites the UN inspectors
have also not visited.
- These are:
- Al-Qaqa's State Establishment. Sixty miles south of Baghdad,
it has produced what the documents describe as "self-detonating precise
- Near State Establishment. It is on the western side of
the Baghdad-Mosul road. It has produced "artillery rounds and other
machined metal parts" for the mines.
- The mines have been machine-finished at Hateen State
Establishment, to the north of Baghdad.
- In the past weeks, they have been moved to Basra - ready
to be launched against the naval armada assembling in the Gulf.
- One document reveals:
- "The mines use a special camera to distinguish the
target above it. The mines then stop under the target. Once in place they
produce chemical materials which generates huge amounts of oxygen that
guides the mine to the surface. When the amount of oxygen reaches a specific
level, the pressure of the oxygen triggers the detonator which results
in a tremendous explosion".
- The documents reveal that test firings of the mine were
carried out on Lake Tharthar on June 5 last year. The tests are described
as "completely successful".
- Mahmoud's revelations have also enabled both George Bush
and Tony Blair to take an even stronger stand against anti-war protesters
when they meet in Washington this week.
- Mahmoud was a member of the elitist unit charged with
protecting Saddam. It is called the Murasiq Qun - the "Inner Circle".
He was known as "The Gatekeeper". Mahmoud is the muscular Saddam
lookalike who is always photographed standing either behind Saddam when
he is seated - or to his left when on the move.
- He was trained to spot the slightest threat to Saddam.
To deal with it, he had a throwing knife up his right sleeve.
- "In any threat my first job was to throw myself
over Saddam to protect his body and then use my knife", he has told
his Mossad debriefers.
- Now he's at the top of Saddam's kill list. But there
is no way Saddam's own assassination unit - the Hamaya Khasa - can get
to Mahmoud. He is now protected by a team of Israeli agents.
- For weeks he was in secret negotiation with a Mossad
agent in Baghdad. With the promise he could not be charged with any crimes
he committed on behalf of Saddam, and he would be given a new identity
- including having his appearance changed by surgery - Mahmoud agreed to
- Last week he was being debriefed in a high security base
in Israel's Negev Desert. Ariel Sharon, the country's hard-line prime minister
has so far only allowed snippets of Mahmoud's sensational claims to be
shared with the CIA and MI6.
- But a source close to Sharon says he wants to use the
revelations when, as expected, he returns to power after the country's
election (tomorrow, Monday).
- "Sharon intends to shatter the growing anti-war
movement. He plans to call all those European leaders who are wavering
to let them know how Saddam has continued to fool Hans Blix and his inspectors,"
said the source.
- Mahmoud's revelations include:
- Locations of five bunkers buried beneath purpose made
- Stockpiled in the bunkers are warheads identical to the
empty shell cases found two weeks ago by the UN inspectors.
- Mahmoud has claimed those shells were on their way to
be refilled and stored in the bunkers.
- A portion of a transcript from his debriefing includes:
- "Saddam's weapons of mass destruction are also concealed
in a tunnel complex deep beneath the sewers of Baghdad and in an underground
complex in Ouja, to the north of Tikrit. The complex was build five years
ago with help from Chinese engineers.
- "The actual entrance to the site is through a house
in Tikrit. It is the home of one of Saddam's cousins. The entrance is over
half a mile from where the weapons are stored".
- Mahmoud has also provided the first really detailed insights
into how Saddam lives and is protected.
- Mahmoud says since the Gulf War there have been nine
assassination attempts on Saddam. The most recent was in February last
- Mahmoud has described how he was selected.
- "I was on gate duty at one of Saddam's palaces.
One night he arrived in a 10-car convoy. I checked all the vehicles and
Saddam stepped out of one car and asked why I inspected them all and not
just his. I told him I was not sure in which car he was travelling and
that it was in his honour that I checked all the cars. He replied, 'from
now on you will be at my side all the time'. He also doubled my salary".
- Joining the "Inner Circle", Mahmoud found himself
in a world far removed from the life of the starving population of Iraq.
He received the finest food and had the best weapons. He had access to
top level intelligence - so that he could help to plan Saddam's protection.
- In another excerpt from his debriefing, Mahmoud boasts:
"I was inside the innermost circle where Saddam eats and sleeps. I
was among the handful of bodyguards closest to him". The bodyguard
has given a rare glimpse of what life is like with Saddam.
- "Very few people are allowed close to Saddam. Many
of the TV images you see of him were taken years ago. Most people now only
speak to him over the phone. He usually calls them. If they have to call
him back with information he wants, it is passed through his sons, Quasy
or Tariq Aziz.
- "All those close to him have codes, which they use
to access the outer circle. But even they can only come so close to Saddam
before there is a cut-off point - the Inner Circle. Even Tariq Aziz is
checked to see if he is carrying weapons. Saddam knows fortunes are being
offered to have him assassinated", Mahmoud has revealed.
- The most protected of all Saddam's palaces is the Qesser
al-Quwwa Sitta'shar in Tikrit - close to his birthplace. Mahmoud has described
how the palace has four main entrances - and has the latest Chinese-manufactured
- "There are sensors and matchbox sized cameras everywhere.
There are doors which can only be opened by placing your face on a key
- "The palace has a number of escape routes that are
outside the palace walls. At each escape point there are cars. A car is
always parked at each exit. No one knows what exit Saddam will use. On
the way to one he can change his mind and go to another. I have know him
change his mind several times over thirty feet.
- "Saddam's own living quarters in the palace are
a labyrinth of doors. To even enter the private sanctum requires having
the separate codes to open four doors. On the reverse side of each door
is a monitor which shows the Special Guards on duty who is entering".
- Saddam's paranoia has increased after his son, Uday,
narrowly escaped assassination. He is now wheelchair bound.
- To avoid even his own bodyguards being tempted to kill
him, Saddam himself is, according to Mahmoud, a walking arsenal.
- "He has concealed guns all over his body. He also
has panic buttons to press if he even suspects somebody is about to attack
him", the former bodyguard has said.
- Israeli intelligence sources have hinted that part of
the deal with Mahmoud was to smuggle out his family from Iraq. Mossad have
done this before. At the start of Saddam's reign of terror they persuaded
an Iraqi pilot to fly his Russian Mirage to Israel - after Mossad had spirited
his wife and children there.
- From Maguire
- Jeff - For all Mossad sourced 'news' like the Gordon
Thomas article providing the 'smoking gun' on Hussein, do you think it
might be appropriate to provide a standard article header consisting of
the Mossad's emblem and a translation of its motto? Your own site here
did some work on the meaning of Mossad's herald earlier. You could call
it truth in reporting. Or, full disclosure in the reporting of possible
- From Arnie Greenstein
- Hey, Jeff! Who in the hell is Thomas really working for
here? Is he writing this as a payback? Is he under duress of some kind?
It doesn't even read like classic Gordon Thomas material. It rolls out
as if it came right from Mossad HQ! Sheesh! I've seen plenty of 'spin'
in the last couple years and this one ranks right up there with the best.
Shame on you, Mr. Thomas.
- From Brian
- Jeff - this reads like spin right out of the White House.
This is something I would expect FOX or CNN to write. I do, however, thank
you for publishing this article on your site, if nothing else just to show
your loyal readers like myself that there are sharks in the waters. I suppose
with the coming war by our Commander-in-Thief, we should expect to see
the spin increase at a phenomenal rate. As for rense.com - still my favorite
news source. Right on, man!
- From Name Protected
- I found Mr. Thomas' story unbelievable.
- First is the timing: On the eve of Bush's State of the
Union address? That's just too coincidental. That's going to be his whole
speech. I always suspected that something would happen to give these people
a reason to attack, even in spite of the weapons inspectors not finding
anything. Now they have it. An elaborate list of weapons and facilities,
and disclosed by no less a person than a Saddam stand-in! You can't get
any more 'authentic' than that. I am reminded of the Kuwaiti incubator
stories that launched the first Gulf war. Will the inspectors be able to
go to these areas and verify the truth of these statements? Is it possible
that these weapons have been planted here by agents for the war effort?
More importantly, is this nice man, Mr. Mahmoud, a mere turncoat (bought
out), or has he been a foreign agent all along? And why did he seek shelter
with Israel instead of some neutral country?
- I find the coincidence of Bush's "Union" address,
Sharon's showing in the Israeli polls and this supposed "defection"
too strange. Obviously, they will have their war at any cost. And lest
we forge: Who is the war against? If I understand Ullman's 'shock and awe'
strategy, the war is against the millions of innocent Iraqi old men, women
and children who make up the bulk of the population at this time. Truly
noble and worthy opponents for the biggest most technologically advanced
nation on the planet. The slaughter of innocent and defenseless populations
by laser guided weaponry may be classified as an act of war, but it is
merely dressed-up terrorism--premeditated murder, plain and simple.
- Where is the rest of the world? Shame, shame on all of
you. What Americans and Britons must not forget is that, whether they believe
it or not, the laws of Karma are infallible and irrevocable. As you sow,
so shall you reap. If you do it unto others, they will do it unto you.
The karma of Hiroshima and Nagasaki will one day come home to roost. That's
guaranteed. And so will the karma of Baghdad, if those war games aficionados
have their way. One day, when next-generation cruise missiles, or even
more deadly air-borne weapons begin falling on our modern megalopolises,
it will simple be an eventuality triggered by the reactions to our karma.
I pray that when that happens, in spite of OUR shock and awe, we might
remember that in Feb. 2003, we had the opportunity to prevent our own devastation,
by sparing the innocent lives of little old ladies and infants in Iraq.
- From Nadir Martello
- Hi Jeff,
- I would like to make a comment to this story, 'Saddam's
Bodyguard Reveals Secret Arsenal.' It is a very good story, but too good
to be true.
- Who is this Gordon Thomas any way? Does he work for the
Mossad himself, or what? Who is going to believe this report? The fact
that George Bush wants a war with Iraq, whether it possesses weapons of
mass-destruction or not, is totally irrelevant; Bush will have his way
- sorry, Israeli-Mossad's way.
- Nadir Martello