- (IAP News) -- An Israeli professor and military historian
hinted that Israel could avenge the holocaust by annihilating millions
of Germans and other Europeans.
- Speaking during an interview which was published in Jerusalem
Friday, Professor Martin Van Crevel said Israel had the capability of hitting
most European capitals with nuclear weapons.
- "We possess several hundred atomic warheads and
rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even
at Rome. Most European capitals are targets of our air force."
- Creveld, a professor of military history at the Hebrew
University in Jerusalem, pointed out that "collective deportation"
was Israel's only meaningful strategy towards the Palestinian people.
- "The Palestinians should all be deported. The people
who strive for this (the Israeli government) are waiting only for the right
man and the right time. Two years ago, only 7 or 8 per cent of Israelis
were of the opinion that this would be the best solution, two months ago
it was 33 per cent, and now, according to a Gallup poll, the figure is
- Creveld said he was sure that Israeli Prime Minister
Ariel Sharon wanted to deport the Palestinians.
- "I think it's quite possible that he wants to do
that. He wants to escalate the conflict. He knows that nothing else we
do will succeed."
- Asked if he was worried about Israel becoming a rogue
state if it carried out a genocidal deportation against Palestinians, Creveld
quoted former Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Dayan who said "Israel
must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother."
- Creveld argued that Israel wouldn't care much about becoming
a rogue state.
- "Our armed forces are not the thirtieth strongest
in the world, but rather the second or third. We have the capability to
take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that this will happen
before Israel goes under."
- Islamic Association for Palestine (IAP)