- I don't know whether you're familar with this site.
But if not, you may wish to look it over...
- During a routine search of the Web I came across this
site which among other things explains why 20,000 Jewish protestors voiced
dissent outside the Israeli consulate and why Palestine should claim sovereignty
over the Holy Land:
- On The Question of Palestine -
- "Perhaps, the most controversial stance taken by
NKI is its absolute support of Palestinian claims to sovereignty over the
Holy Land. This position is often misunderstood by some, who see it as
an endorsement of bloodshed. Nothing could be further from the truth. NKI's
belief is that accepting Palestinian claims is the only Torah true path
to peace. It alone can end the spiral of war and death that has plagued
the Middle East for the last century.
- "Neturei Karta believes in the basic Torah tenet
that we are a people in exile. We have no claim to political power anywhere
in the world and least of all in Palestine, from which we were exiled by
- "Thus, the land belongs to those who have dwelt
there for centuries, the Palestinians. If they choose to allow a few or
many Jews to maintain citizenship in their state is entirely up to them.
- "Of course, NK sympathizes with the terrible plight
of the Palestinian people and seeks to alleviate their suffering at the
hands of the Zionists."
- Orthodox Jews To Burn Israeli Flag In International Ceremony
- "The rejection of Zionism is the only path to peace."
- February 23, 2002
- MONSEY, NY -- Rabbi Yisroel Dovid Weiss, spokesman for
Neturei Karta International, announced this evening that the organization
of anti - Zionist Jews will publicly burn the Israeli flag in a series
of ceremonies around the world on "Purim" Tuesday, February 26.
- "The Zionist experiment has reached its inevitable
conclusion. Death tolls mount and no viable solution is in sight. Slowly
the Jewish people are awakening to the reality of Zionism, its rejection
of Torah views of exile and redemption, combined with its aggressive stance
towards Gentiles in general and Palestinians in particular."
- The Rabbi explained, "By burning the Israeli flag
we are symbolically declaring that the Israeli state, contrary to its absurd
claims, is not representative of the Jewish people. In fact, its denial
of our faith and its brutalization of the Palestinian people, renders it
antithetical to Judaism." The timing of the flag burning is seen as
particularly significant. "Tuesday is Purim, a holiday remembering
the victory of faith over barbarism and good over evil, in ancient times.
It is appropriate that we repudiate the contemporary heresy and violence
of Zionism on this day," Rabbi Weiss added.
- "Zionism refuses to accept our status as people
in exile. This is metaphysical impudence. It is the task of world Jewry
to remain patriotic citizens of the lands of their dispersion and pursue
peace with all men. In the Holy Land, this means welcoming Palestinian
sovereignty over the land. Accordingly, we will carry the Palestinian flag
at the flag burnings."
- "The rejection of Zionism is the only path to peace.
We hope that many Jews will participate in this international event."
- Neturei Karta International 845-371-0490