- Letter to the editor
- Cayenne's email is
email@example.com, I am submitting this for her.
- Dear Editor
- Your May 22 article on the SARS case at Kaiser Vallejo
didn't mention the 12
- deaths of people with SARS-like symptoms May 2 through
May 6. It also
- didn't discuss that the Solano County mortality rates
were at 99 deaths in
- Feb, 111 in March and shot up to 130 in April. The infectious
- doctor won't give the health department his report for
May according to
- someone I know who works there.
- Dozens of people have died at that hospital this spring
with some kind of
- pneumonia but because they didn't go to China, it isn't
being reported as
- SARS. Doesn't it seem kind of dumb that a disease that
- be recognized in secondary infections? What did all those
people die of?
- What about autopsies?
- How were their bodies handled after death?
- Did you know that health care employees are working with
possible SARS cases
- and other deadly diseases and then also working in the
prisons? Inmates at
- CMF Vacaville are very sick with other epidemics raging
out of control. The
- health care workers are going to infect them and they
will die. Something
- needs to be done right now!
- As a citizen, I want to know WHY and what these people
died. SARS mutated in other countries, did it not mutate here? What are
they calling the mutation? A virus? Gut crud? The flu? What's the name
of the mutation?
- People in other countries died, even as close as Canada.
But they didn't die here?
- This doesn't make sense. The next phase of SARS is said
to include congestive heart failure. Suddenly there are name tags out at
Kaiser Vallejo of congestive heart specialists, so what are they doing
there if there is no infectious disease outbreak?
- And what about a very sick respiratory therapist who
has been down with SARS-like symptoms since May 5 named Astraea Kelley
who has 20 years in her field and is an SEIU Union Steward. Doesn't she
count? She was caring for a lot of these people who died but her illness
isn't in the papers? Why not?
- There are 71 cases of SARS or SARS-like cases in California,
where are they? Why don't we get to know? The prisoners are sitting ducks
and they're already sick from other epidemics raging out of control. The
lawsuit costs from their neglect will be astronomical if yet another scourge
gets loose in there.
- B. Cayenne Bird, Director
- United for No Injustice, Oppression or Neglect
- This list of 85 people who all had symptoms of SARS and
a majority who probably died at Kaiser Vallejo is important to everyone.
- These deaths occurred within a short time period according
to my sources. This is probably an incomplete list.
- Now, consider this. If Solano County deaths were 99 in
- 111 in March, and shot up to 130 in April and May's death
rate is being held up
- for some unknown reason, doesn't it seem odd that such
a large percentage
- of the entire death rate in the county would be happening
at this particular
- And shouldn't the increased mortality rate have been
a part of the articles that
- were written about this outbreak? Shouldn't all these
deaths have been at least mentioned in that news coverage?
- I do not have the time or resources to track down all
these families, but I do know
- that the scientific community is treating this situation
very seriously. There is very definitely a pattern of infectious disease
here. Dr. Rosenberg (see article below) isn't lying but he isn't telling
the entire story. This is a form of lying as far as I'm concerned.
- SARS mutated in the rest of the world. Did it not mutate
- Is anyone asking the question: "Could all these
people have died from a SARS mutation?" Isn't this unusual to have
this many deaths, a huge percentage of the county's total for these months
from the flu? Ask the questions!
- SARS caused deaths in the rest of the world, even Canada.
Why would it not cause deaths here? SARS doesn't care about hospital profits
or tourism, it just spreads.
- We have 71 suspected cases that have been reported in
California, where are they? Why don't we get to read about this news coverage?
- Could it be that hospital profits and tourism are more
important than the public safety? Apparently so!
- We know that the Kaiser Vallejo pharmacist became very
sick as well as Astraea Kelley and that she has been at home since May
5 with classic SARS symptoms. The fact that she didn't go to China but
DID work with many of the people who DIED gives her some confidential diagnosis
called "Gut Crud." She is a professional with 20 years in her
field, a SEIU Union Steward, and she knows her symptoms. What the hell
is going on here that all of these details are being omitted?
- The next series of the SARS mutation includes congestive
heart failure. A really awake journalist would put on a mask, go out there
and notice all the Kaiser nametags that have suddenly appeared out there
that identify "Congestive heart specialists."
- And why isn't anyone demanding that the same health care
workers who attended to all these dead people start wearing masks to their
second job in prisons? CMF Vacaville is one of only two prison hospitals
where the majority of inmates are already very sick with other life threatening
epidemics raging out of control. They cannot survive a SARS mutation in
the majority of instances.
- I believe this situation is a crisis in progress that
for the sake of profit is getting covered up. Call me skeptical, call me
a bulldog, call me a veteran investigative reporter, call me anything you
want but I smell something terribly wrong here.
- And as a citizen, I want to know what all these people
died of with SARS-like symptoms? Was it a mutated SARS, the one that killed
people in Viet Nam?
- Or something else? What is the name for the mutated SARS?
Is it "the flu", "a virus", "gut crud?" What
the hell is the name for it? You need to understand the doctor-speak for
a SARS mutation, which is equally as important!
- Somebody ought to care that all these people are dead
in only a few weeks time.
- And reporters need to dig and consider that hospital
administrators are lying. Just assume everyone is lying and you'll get
to the bottom of it. The scientists are certainly not falling for Rosenberg's
statements and considering them credible thank God.
- Must I do everything myself? The media needs to track
these families down and find out about other infections in their family,
the symptoms, the details. Are we this callous and stupid that such a tragedy
could occur and we would just ignore it?
- Cripes! I'm angry over this incompetence. Are only old
people given the vision to see through bullcrap? Our legislature and media
are very short on people with the life experience to see through the nonsense!
- B. Cayenne Bird
- Singh 84 Male
- Morrison 38 Male
- Nysinger 17 year old female
- Bryan 76 Male
- Baxley no age
- Vermillion 76 male
- Mason 54 years old
- Meng 72 Female
- Ching age unknown
- Mahoney 71 F
- Bowers 76 died 4/29 or shortly thereafter
- Kraus 52 male
- Price 46 Female
- Hamer 66 Female
- Galang 76 Male
- Beyer 70 Male
- Kam 90 Female
- Rodriquez 85 Male
- Enriquez age unknown
- Balza age unknown
- Berta age unknown
- Usher age unknown
- Tannyson age unknown
- Locke age unknown
- Keeton died March 2nd age unknown
- Uhles age unknown
- Swquva 32 male
- Blakely 21 years old
- Forrest age unknown
- Lawrence age unknown
- Ray 73 male
- Azcarak 59 female
- Bryan 76 Male died after April 25
- Wysinger 17 years old died after April 25
- Jones 60 female
- Baker age unknown
- Penner age unknown
- MaCann 71 Male
- Sanchez 66 Male
- Lude 80 Male
- Berta age unknown
- Johnson 66 Female
- Blevins age unknown
- Carreon age unknown
- Jones 71 Male
- Farrell 71e
- Enriquez 61 female died after 4/3
- Brown age unknown after 4/3
- Balza died on 4/3
- Desnower age unknown
- Forrest 53 male
- Bowers 76 Female died April 30 early
- morning. Family was angry. Released
- from Sierra Convalescent home three days earlier with
just a little
- spot on the lungs. Boom.......pneumonia, ARDS, pleural
- cardiac effusions.......horrible death. Might be from
San Jose area
- if at Sierra Convalescent.......we got people from all
over, they transfered
- them in some cases........helicopers flying in, helicopers
- Talk to the employees, they're at risk too and if they
- with it, there is little support from KaIser.