- Charts and tables on Web page: http://www.askanalytic.com/gw-summary.htm
demonstrate a roughly proportional relationship between "urban heat
island" effects and urban population density.
- The four charts on this Web page -- corresponding to
ten cities within the four states AZ, GA, MN and VA -- display two significant
- The magnitude of rates of temperature change (degrees
F per year) decrease almost in lockstep with decrease in urban population
- An inverse relationship seems to exist between (1) urban
population density and (2) number of months with negative rates of temperature
- It remains to be confirmed whether cities with very low
population densities will exhibit a preponderance of the year with negative
rates of temperature change. If so, then such behavior would support "global
- Note 1: Data for these charts are available courtesy
of the National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) and National Oceanic and Atmospheric
- Note 2: The well-documented urban heat island effect
primarily is related to population density and is the result of:
- (1) replacing natural vegetation with concrete and asphalt,
- (2) accumulations of waste heat from air-conditioners
and fossil fuel combustion.
- Jim Kennedy, MSCh, MSME - Specialization
- From Sheryl Jackson
- Mr. Kennedy, I read your article with interest. So I
have to ask you if you are familiar with the work of Charles Hapgood?
- Mr. Hapgood spent over fifty years of his career gathering
core samples from every ocean, sea, lake and river on all of the continents.
What he was able to procure wouild fill volumes of data pages and did.
- His last book written by his estate, finished by colleagues
and his son? indicated that the mantle of the earth slips regularly creating
ice ages in Europe while none in America. His findings indicate that this
is part of the natural pattern of the earth and that this will happen again.
The Path of the Poles is a ponderous tome, but filled with great facts
and ranks up their in reading with Michael Cremo's Forbidden Archaeology
as a must read for anyone who is interested in all things ancient.
- Many people consider the Polar Flip to be a "loonie
Fringe theory" but Hapgood's careful compilation of facts and samples
indicate that it is not a theory but in deed a reality. The question is
not did it happen? but rather when will it happen again?
- The Partial Planetary alignment of May 5th, 2001 was
an uneventful day that many had believed would bring about the earth changes
of Dr. Hapgood's studies.
- Sweden is now called the "Land of the Midnight Sun"
instead of Alaska, where the sun actually never completely goes away.
when I lived in Alaska from l956 until l961, the sun never set from the
middle of June till the end of July and the sun never rose from mid-October
until mid February.
- The Innuit people of Alaska's Arctic Circle now state
that the seasons are so far off that the people cannot tell the seasons
by the animals because the animals don't know what to do now either. For
the last decade, Anchorage Alaska, has had minimal snow and often Christmas
revelers have had to drive 350 miles north or further in December to play
on their snow mobiles.
- New York State and the East Coast have had ICE STORMS
FOR THE LAST FIVE YEARS. Ice that is so cold that it breaks the trees.
Branches fall and create tremendous hazards to the residents and safety
workers who try to help.
- The present position of Mars has been said to have happened
60 thousand years ago, but in actuality it was 72,000 years ago that was,
coincidentally, the last Great DieOff of animals and humans. It is believed
in some circles that this Mars positioning will indeed bring about the
wakening of a Caldera creating Nuclear Winter for several years and wreaking
havoc upon the earth and her population.
- So yessir, part of the planet is cooling, but the rest
of it is defrosting. In the last decade icebergs the size of Rhode Island,
Vermont and Delaware have fallen away from Antarctica. Moving toward the
north, they do not melt as readily as one would expect.
- The killing of the rainforests and the changes that are
natural in the Universal Scheme of things would indicate that we are about
to experience some very great earth changes and the close proximity of
Mars may indeed be the catalyst to widespread world devastation.
- I would encourage you to read the two books I have mentioned
so that you might have some more facts to present your theory with.
- And leave us not forget the Piri Reis map of 1613 that
shows Antarctica the way our Satellites have photographed it. It is shown
on his maps that Antarctica was not filled with snow and ice but indeed
was a habitable continent with tropical vegetation and animals.
- Sheryl Jackson