- Hi Jeff,
- I snapped these photos on Tuesday Oct. 14/03, the day
before the 48 hour deluge of rain up here that made international news.
- These trails were deposited between 2 pm and 4 pm. In
the photo directly below I am witnessing a deposition in progress. The
plane is travelling from right to left and if you look carefully to the
far left of the photo you can see the leading edge. I also witnessed the
trail immediately below the thin one in progress but couldn't get my camera
to work at that time.
- I've noticed that they like to spray along the leading
edge of approaching weather fronts to perhaps disguise them as high clouds.
These were deposited over the waters (Strait of Georgia) west of Vancouver
and slowly drifted over while fattening out.
- The weather was cloudy/wet for at least several days,
perhaps 2 weeks prior to this beautiful day. They must have been chafing
at the bit to get "back to business".
- I noticed activity similar to this day just a couple
of days ago. Again, the same deal. It was the first sunny day since the
day these pictures were snapped and there were high clouds approaching
from the west.