- PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) -
A man described by authorities as a known sexual predator was chased through
the streets of South Philadelphia by an angry crowd of Catholic high school
girls, who kicked and punched him after he was tackled by neighbors, police
said on Friday.
- Rudy Susanto, 25, who had exposed himself to teen-age
girls on as many as seven occasions outside St. Maria Goretti School, struck
again on Thursday just as students were being dismissed, police said.
- But this time, a group of girls in school uniforms angrily
confronted Susanto with help from some neighbors, police said. When Susanto
tried to run, more than 20 girls chased him down the block. Two men from
the neighborhood caught him and the girls took their revenge.
- "The girls came and started kicking him and punching
him, so I wasn't going to stop them," neighbor Robert Lemons told
The Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Susanto was later treated for injuries at a local hospital.
Police said he would be charged with 14 criminal counts including harassment,
disorderly conduct, open lewdness and corrupting the morals of a minor.
- Copyright © 2003 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited
without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable
for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance