- El Nacional (Dominican Republic)
- Chunks of iron and other metal from the primeval universe
fall constantly to earth. Upon making contact, they give of a bright light
whose flames dissipate immediately. For this reason, eyewitness commentary
in this part of the country does not dismiss the possibility.
- The object was seen from Santiago by cameraman Noendi
Valerio of Channel 25, who claims having recorded the beam of light from
his home in this city's Los Reyes sector.
- In Navarrete, several residentes claimed having seen
the column of smoke given off by the alleged spaceship, which has still
not been found in the impenetrable mountainous area of the communities
of Fundaci'n, Paradero and Arroyo Blanco. However, the Civil Aeronautics
Accident Investigation Board is continuing the search at the site where
the accident supposedly occurred.
- They believe it could have been an agricultural aircraft.
However, no rice grower has reported an accident--something they always
do to collect the insurance on their crop dusters.
- This morning, an aircraft from the Dominican Air Force
(FAD) flew over the area, but had reported nothing as of midday.
- Participating in the Search and Rescue operation are
members of all of the Dominican state's security organizations, according
to a press report from the Civil Aeronautics press office.
- The area in which the event allegedly occurred was surveyed
by reporters from this newspaper yesterday. It is extremely cloudy and
the rains have not ceased. Despite of this, the impenetrable vegetation
has not kept local residents and brigades of the police, the National Army,
the Civil Defense and the Red Cross from continuing the search.
- Residents of Gajo Alto, at the highest point of the mountain,
claim having seen the beam of light but did not hear any detonation.
- Nothing has been recorded in the Dominican Republic's
airspace and the radars of the Gregorio Luperon Airport of Puerto Plata,
which are rather broad in their coverage, have no information about aircraft
which flew over the area on Wednesday night.
- Another theory which hasn't been dismissed is the possibility
that elements linked to the drug trade were flying below the radar and
finding a forested area in which to hide.
- At El Lirial, residents claim that an airplane would
pass over the area every night at the same time, but after last night's
event, nothing was found. Faced with the possibility that a drug cargo
could be involved, several people offered themselves as volunteers to search
the mountainous region.
- Translation (C) 2003 Scott Corrales, Institute of Hispanic
Ufology (IHU). Special thanks to Gloria Coluchi.