- (AFP) -- An unidentified flying object was sighted hovering
over a quiet village in northern Kedah state near the Thai border, the
second such sighting there in two years, a report said on Tuesday.
- A nine-year-old boy saw a slow moving disc-like object
about the size of a car emitting a greenish light spinning in the air over
Banggol Cicar village near the town of Baling for about four minutes before
it disappeared, the New Straits Times said.
- Mohamad Amirul Syafiq said at first he thought it was
a plane about to crash.
- "I then called my friends to look at the object
which was hovering just over the top of a coconut tree behind my house,"
he was quoted as saying.
- Mohamad Faiz Alias, 12, said he thought Mohamad Amirul
- "But we saw clearly the object in the air, emitting
a bright light," Mohamad Faiz said.
- Kamaruddin Othman, 12, said he realised the object was
not a plane because it was silent.
- His father, Othman Ahmad, 54, said he also caught sight
of the UFO before it disappeared.
- Two years ago, a villager said he saw a UFO hovering
in the air while on his way to the mosque for pre-dawn prayers, the paper
- ©2003 ABC