- A summit meeting of TV anchormen and their bosses with
Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge to discuss how they'll cover the
next terrorist attack on America.
- ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, & Fox reps present.
- Steven Brill had a summit meeting of TV anchormen and
their bosses over dinner at his Fifth Avenue apartment on Tuesday night
with Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge to discuss how they'll cover
the next terrorist attack. Brill, whose book "After" detailed
the response to 911, spearheads the America Prepared Campaign to educate
the public. Joining Brill, his wife Cynthia and two of their three kids
for dinner were Fox News Channel boss Roger Ailes, ABC News prexie David
Westin, CBS News chief Andrew Heyward, CNN anchor Aaron Brown, plus Peter
Jennings and Tom Brokaw.
- Combined with Cheney's speech that the "next attack
will be worse, tens or hundreds of thousands of casualties" and Tommy
Franks "next attack = martial law" and the draft bill in congress
(mandatory service for all men and women 18-26) and the 40,000 troops already
serving against their will and neo-con obvious dreams of global conquest...America
ain't looking so good right now. What are we gonna do about it?
- Can we afford to wait for the election this fall? what
about William Safire's prediction of an October surprise attack? I think
we'd better think pre-emptively and stop these guys before the next attack
- Spread the message far and wide - martial law is not
acceptable....and Bush and company will be the major benefactors of another