- Back in May 2003, a journalist in Portugal reported on
a sensational, marathon meeting of a group of U.S. pilots that issued a
report concluding that the story told by the U.S. government about what
happened on Sept. 11, 2001 was improbable and unlikely.
- Except for several notices on the Internet, that story
was basically never reported in the U.S., and largely debunked when the
reporter flubbed the name of the organizer, creating disbelief in the minds
of many readers.
- The record was corrected in stunning fashion Feb. 25
on Alex Jones' Prison Planet radio program when former Pentagon arms salesman
Donn de Grand-Pre, author of three books that allege 9/11 was an inside
job, set the record straight, because he was the man who organized that
conference. That 72-hour non-stop symposium by a group of military and
civilian pilots concluded the flight crews of the four passenger airliners
involved in the 9/11 tragedy had no control over their aircraft.
- de Grand Pre, a retired Army colonel, is the author of
"A Window on America," "Confessions of an Arms Peddler"
and his latest, "Barbarians Inside the Gates." His thesis in
the third book "is that the wars we have engaged in for whatever reasons
since the end of World War II have not only been unconstitutionally waged,
but have caused a net loss in political power. Each war was waged to divert
our attention away from the true enemy within, and toward a contrived enemy
outside our borders."
- de Grand-Pre explained that his third book actually has
three parts: "OK, I've got three books out under the title, "Barbarians
Inside the Gates." Book 1 was "The Serpent's Sting," Book
2 is "The Viper's Venom," Book 3, which just came out is "The
- "And I'd like to quote from Book 2, which came out
October of 2002. There is a very important paragraph there. It says,
- "The trigger for the 911 activity was the imminent
and unstoppable worldwide financial collapse which can only be prevented
temporarily by a major war, perhaps to become known as World War III. To
bring it off one more time, martial law will probably be imposed in the
- de Grand-Pre was the top U.S. arms dealer to the Middle
East under the Ford and Carter administrations. What he saw caused him
to leave government service and begin investigating the forces he saw warping
our nation's future.
- In the interview with Jones, de Grand-Pre made several
stunning assertions, among them:
- · There were no hijackers on the 9/11 killer jets.
And he said the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (Richard Myers) agrees
- In response to a caller to Alex Jones' radio show, de
Grand-Pre noted: "... the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs himself has
agreed, there were no hijackers. There were no cell phone calls. Everybody
aboard that aircraft, pilots and crew, were unconscious within 8 to 18
minutes after take-off. And you can take it from there. I've got it covered
in books 2 and 3, what actually happened."
- "These planes were being piloted by remote control,
probably an AWACs aircraft taking over that airplane or airplanes or drones,
unmanned drones. And flying them at 5 and 8 G-force that no pilot could
withstand. So, in short, and if you read books 2 and 3, you will discover
how and why this came about."
- · The 9/11 planes that took off full of passengers
are now at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. "And I'm telling you
that we are knowledgeably speculating," said de Grand-Pre in response
to another caller. "Those aircraft carrying crew and passengers went
over the Atlantic and that was all she wrote."
- · Talk of a military coup - to reverse what he
calls the administrative coup d'etat that happened on 9/11 - are rife within
the corridors of the Pentagon.
- In his various interviews and publications, deGrand-Pre
has called 9/11 "an administrative coup d'etat." He suggests
the only way the neocons can be stopped is by a military coup d'etat, and
estimates 70 percent of key military personnel are in favor of such a step.
But the possibility is complicated, he says, by the large number of key
military players who have gone over to the Council on Foreign Relations
team. Some of these players, including three- and four-star generals, however,
may side with the military while pretending to be on the side of the neocons.
de Grand-Pre insists he is in personal contact with members of the Joint
Chiefs of Staff.
- The truly patriotic members of the military have had
to sit there and take all these wild schemes by corporate-controlled politicians.
de Grand-Pre's prediction? "I think those days are coming to an end.
The military ain't going to take it any longer."
- In the interview with Jones, de Grand-Pre also asserted:
- · It is common knowledge at the Pentagon that
Israel fired nuclear weapons at Iraq during the first Gulf War.
- · A commercial aircraft did not hit the Pentagon.
Most likely it was a cruise missile or a Global Hawk.
- · Flight 93, the jetliner that supposedly crashed
in Pennsylvania after courageous passengers struggled with armed hijackers,
was shot down by the North Dakota Air Guard. "I know the pilot who
fired those two missiles to take down 93," de Grand-Pre insisted,
adding that the order to shoot down the plane came from the Adjutant General
of North Dakota.
- · Most likely it was U.S. forces that tried to
kill Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz when he visited Iraq recently.
- · Military tribunals will try current U.S. public
officials when the military decides to take over, de Grand-Pre predicts.
"And Cheney, I reiterate, is toast." de Grand-Pre named Cheney
as the one man who knows the most about 9/11.
- In earlier interviews, de Grand-Pre has recounted that
the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Gen. Richard Myers, had 500 copies of
the 24-page report made and sent out, including, to the White House.
- Assessing Myers' reaction, de Grand Pre said, "I'm
quite sure that he believed in it. I think that he still believes in it.
You can understand the difficulties. The civilian administration, of course,
won't recognize it as such.
- "There's a definite cleavage between the military
of the Pentagon and the civilian hierarchy - and never the twain shall
- Jones triggered a response from de Grand Pre when he
mentioned a 2002 article in the Washington Times that said morale at the
Pentagon had never been lower.
- De Grand-Pre responded: "I can verify that from
Col. Dick Schultz, who is a friend of mine in the Joint Chiefs. Morale
was not only low but he said some of the troops are ready to mutiny. If
it wasn't for the fact that the government, the civilian hierarchy, has
control over retirements, they would probably be blood in the streets by
- When other news outlets began checking on this story
angle, Jones noted that Pentagon officials were apoplectic. "... they
panicked and flew the officers on jets to luxury vacations and had these
focus groups. It even talked about a possible mutiny. People were just
totally distraught. What would make them become distraught overnight in
- de Grand-Pre's answer was chilling, and revealed the
possibility of a military coup d'etat has been simmering in the corridors
of the Pentagon for some time.
- "It wasn't an overnight thing. You see, as I outline
in book 1, and I carry that on in book 2, as well as book 3, we were on
the verge of a military coup d'etat. And this was long in the planning
and even after the 78 days of bombing Kosovo, it became critical. And we
were close to a coup d'etat at that time. In my survey of the reports and
the pilots who worked with that, a coup was a possibility.
- "In fact, a coup d'etat was pulled on the morning
of September 11th. Only it was an administrative or what we call a cold
- Jones' translation of that was "a counter-revolutionary
- de Grand-Pre concurred, and added: "And as we delved
into that, we found that the culprits, including Rumsfeld, were part of
a neocon group that had been planning this thing for literally years prior
to September 11th."
- In a previous interview that appeared on Michael Rivero's
What Really Happened website, de Grand-Pre had already outlined his conclusions
- "The 9-11 activity and horrific destruction of US
property and lives was intentionally meant to trigger a psychological and
patriotic reaction on the part of the US citizens, which is paving the
way for "combined UN activity" (using the fig leaf of NATO) for
striking key targets in both the Middle East/ South Asia and the Balkans.
The goal continues to be ultimate destruction of all national sovereignty
- and establishment of a global government.
- "The trigger for the 9-11 activity was the imminent
and unstoppable world-wide financial collapse, which can only be prevented
(temporarily) by a major war, perhaps to become known as WW 111. To bring
it off (one more time), martial law will probably be imposed in the United
States. de Grand-Pre had also sounded the same themes on Jackie Patru's
Radio Sweet Liberty Webcast.
- "The so-called terrorist attack was in fact a superbly
executed military operation against the United States, requiring the utmost
professional military skill in command, communications and control. It
was flawless in timing, in the choice of selected aircraft to be used as
guided missiles, and in the coordinated delivery of those missiles to their
- As a tactical military exercise against two significant
targets (world financial center and the citadel of world strategic military
planning), the attack, from a psychological impact on the American public,
equalled the Japanese "surprise" attack on Pearl Harbor
- 7 Dec 1941.
- But the overriding question of that original group of
pilots was: If we are at war, who is the enemy?
- The group determined that the enemy is within the gates,
that he has infiltrated into the highest policy-making positions at the
federal level, and has absolute control, not only of the purse strings,
but of the troop buildup and deployment of our military forces, including
active, reserve and National Guard units.
- Read the complete interview of Donn de Grand-Pre with
Alex Jones at http://www.infowars.com/transcripts/degranpres.htm as it
has not yet been posted on Jones' website, although there is a transcript
posted there of his recent interview with former German defense minister
Andreas von Buelow, who sounded many of the themes de Grand-Pre discussed.
- de Grand-Pre's books are not yet available on the web,
but more information can be obtained from de Grand-Pre Publishing Ltd.
- John Kaminski is the author of "America's Autopsy
Report," a collection of his Internet essays published by Dandelion
Books and featured on hundreds of websites around the world. For more information
on how to get this book or to financially support his work, go to http://www.johnkaminski.com/.
Or, to read some more of his recent essays for free, go to http://www.rudemacedon.ca/kaminski/kam-index.html