- A group of children playing in Littleborough
reckon they have had a close encounter with a UFO.
- So vivid was their experience at about 7pm on Thursday
they have started to draw what they saw.
- They say the spacecraft hovered slowly just over the
rooftops for several minutes and then shot off at hyper speed.
- Lindsey Stansfield, of Timbercliffe, Summit, said her
sons, Louis, aged eight, and Cameron, aged five, were playing with friends
on a trampoline outside their home when they spotted the 'extra terrestrial'.
- She said: "The children saw the object flying slowly
above the houses. Some of the children thought it was triangular in shape
and others square, but it could have been to do with what angle they saw
- "It had red lights around the edge and yellow lights
in the middle. They rushed in to tell us about it, but the time we got
out it had gone. The children say the object had stopped above the house
behind us and then shot off in hyper drive. Later that evening they started
drawing pictures of what they had seen."
- "I would like to know if anyone else in Littleborough
saw the object."
- Louis said: "I looked up and saw some lights flashing
in the sky. I went in the house to get my mother, but when we went out
it had gone."
- A spokesman for the National Air Traffic service said:
"There was no reported alien activity in controlled airspace that
we are aware of."
- A spokeswoman for the Ministry of Defence said:
"I am not aware of any other reported sightings. We do have a UFO
report line telephone number so that people can report things which they
- She said sightings were checked to see if they had any
defence significance, whether the UK airspace may have been compromised
by hostile air activity. But this had not been found to be the case.
- "We believe that there are rational explanations
for such sightings such as aircraft lights or natural phenomena,"