- Summaries of some remarkable cases reported to the National
- Center. Please visit www.ufocenter.com to read the full,
- of each one.
- --Eklutna, AK* October 1936 Evening
- Description: Two men hitchhiking to Anchorage witness
a very bright light
- approaching their location at high speed. The object
hovers above them,
- causing them to dive into a snow bank to escape.
- --Fontana, CA Late 1930,s Night
- Description: Three young boys, returning from the local
movie theatre, are
- suddenly illuminated from
- above by a very bright shaft of light. They run to a
nearby orange grove to
- take cover.
- --Exeter/Kensington, NH September 03, 1965 Morning
- Description: Many people in south-eastern New Hampshire
witness a peculiar
- disc-shaped object. Later, a young man and two police
officers witness the
- disc up quite close, and it moves very quickly.
- --Northern California September 09, 1994 Early morning
- Description: Multiple dramatic reports of objects streaking
- morning sky. A young school girl reports to school nurse
- at a bus stop by a strange looking grey creature.
- --Palouse, WA December 29, 1994 Evening
- Description: A woman decides to take a short-cut home
through a wheat
- field. Three wedge-shaped objects, with lights on their
leading edge, pass
- in front of her car. Event frightened her badly.
- --McMinnville, TN January 07, 1995 Evening
- Description: Multiple witnesses on the ground report
a "fleet of peculiar
- looking objects allegedly seen descending slowly and
vertically. One of
- objects appears to blow up. TEMA activated.
- --Eastern United States March 15, 1995 Evening
- Description: Multiple sightings reported from the eastern
United States of
- a bizarre blue-green, egg-shaped object that streaked
across the night sky,
- hovered, and then streaked across the horizon.
- --Cordova, AK March 28, 1995 Midnight
- Woman sees object fly in front of her car several times
in heavy fog.
- Suddenly, it stops and hovers just above her right fender.
- further along highway, she witnesses two discs on ground.
- --Western Pennsylvania/Canada August 25, 1995 00:40
- Description: An extremely bright, perfectly round blue
- streaked south across Ontario, Canada, and then western
- Bizarre interaction with driver on Pennsylvania Turnpike.
- --New England/Eastern Seaboard November 17, 1995 21:00
- Description: An extremely bright, yellow and blue disc
streaks down the
- coast of Maine, over New England; rendezvous with six
- objects over New Jersey. Multiple reports to FAA.
- --Phoenix, Arizona* March 13, 1997 1955 hrs. (Mountain)
- Description: Multiple objects, estimated to be 1-2 miles
in width, pass
- over the states of Nevada and Arizona. The objects hovered
- several locations. Very dramatic sighting by thousands.
- --Eastern seaboard March 17, 1997 19:00 hrs. (Eastern)
- Description: An FAA Air Traffic Controller telephones
NUFORC to report
- multiple sighting reports by airline pilots of "metallic
- tracking their aircraft for several seconds.
- --Pacific Northwest* November 14, 1997 21:20 hrs.
- Description: A bizarre cluster of lights moves across
the night-time sky,
- generating thousands of reports. Some reports suggest
- anomaly occurred. Other reports in OR, CA, Mex..
- --Pacific Northwest April 22, 1998 2120 hrs. (Pacific)
- Description: A former Canadian fighter pilot in Whistler,
B.C., is stunned
- to see a green ball of light streaking to the south;
many witnesses. Object
- stops north of Seattle, flies over Bangor Sub Base.
- --Longview, WA February 25, 1999 1158 hrs. (Pacific)
- Description: Fourteen forestry workers witness a horseshoe
- lift an adult elk out of the forest and fly off with
the apparently dead, or
- unconscious, animal.
- --Southwest U. S.* August 15, 1999 2318 hrs. (Mountain)
- Description: Observers throughout NM and CO are witness
to an immense flash
- of intensely bright light, which illuminated up to 12,000
square miles like
- daylight. Occurs 2nd time in NV 22 min. later.
- --St. Clair County, IL January 05, 2000 0410 hrs.
- Description: Officers from eight police departments
witness, pursue, and
- photograph a huge, triangular object. Object "jumps
an estimate 20 miles
- in seconds. Scott AFB claims they did not see object.
- --Rockford, IL; Prescott, AZ February 2000 Evenings
- Description: Multiple sightings of clusters of yellow
lights appear over
- Prescott, AZ, and Rockford, IL. No explanation for
the events. (See
- similar event over Carteret, NJ, for July 15, 2001.)
- --Washington & B.C.* April 28, 2000 2200 hrs. (Pacific)
- Description: Multiple witnesses to a very bright, extremely
- streaking over Puget Sound from south to north. Looks
like a disc. Stops
- over Aldergrove, B.C., descends, and streaks off.
- --Rhode Island* June 22, 2000 2115 hrs. (Eastern)
- Description: A commercial pilot, flying from Nantucket
Island, MA, sees a
- charcoal-black, egg-shaped object streaking toward his
airliner. The object
- is seen on radar to reverse its course and track the
- --Oklahoma August 11, 2000 0200 hrs. (Central)
- Description: Law enforcement officer becomes lost at
night on a rural road
- in Oklahoma. Is approached by strange creatures, and
he fires his service
- revolver. Witness found by police in roadway.
- --Victoria, B.C. August 12, 2000 0001 hrs. (Pacific)
- Description: A group of people at a wedding celebration
witness a cluster
- of lights in the night sky, which form a symmetrical
pattern, and hover for
- 5-10 minutes. The lights then streak off to the east.
- --North Texas September 01, 2000 0230 hrs. (Central)
- Description: A young woman is driving alone through
northern Texas, when a
- very large and strange light approaches her vehicle.
- missing time, and later returns to the site.
- --Houston, TX September 08, 2000 0800 hrs. (Central)
- Description: A man driving to work on the outer ring
road witnesses a very
- bizarre object moving slowly to the south over heavy
traffic. He appears to
- be the only witness.
- --Northern Idaho* September 27, 2000 2130 hrs. (Mountain)
- Description: Four deer hunters, all experienced outdoorsmen,
- gigantic, unlighted triangular craft pass over their
campsite. Two men
- drive to town. USAF jets fly over camp. FAA report.
- --Cygnet, OH October 31, 2000 1915 hrs. (Eastern)
- Description: Two young men, driving from Florida to
Detroit, witness a
- "fireball streaking in front of their car, from
east to west. The object
- stops, and they see that it is a black, egg-shaped object.
- --OR, WA, & B.C. March 13, 2001 Evening (3 hrs.)
- Description: Multiple sightings of yellow lights streaking
in night sky
- over Oregon. Three yellow lights seen by many witnesses
- south to north over Puget Sound in formation.
- --Mahnomen, MN March 28, 2001 0130 hrs. (Central)
- Description: A Canadian truck driver witnesses a disc-shaped
- hovering low over the local airport. The disc suddenly
- shoots across the airport, where it hovers above trees.
- --Bellevue, ID April 24, 2001 1235 hrs. (Mountain)
- Description: A local businessman sees some movement
in the western sky, and
- sees a disc-shaped object hovering against the mountains.
- streak up to the first, and then the cluster departs.
- --Carteret, NJ* July 15, 2001 00:30 hrs. (Easter)
- Description: Two clusters of yellow spheres move across
New Jersey very
- rapidly, then slow and hover in the vicinity of Newark
- witnesses stop on New Jersey Turnpike to view.
- --Rock River, WY August 17, 2001 2220 hrs. (Mountain)
- Description: Multiple reports from Wyoming of a fireball
- the sky very rapidly. Railroad conductor witnesses a
large, flaming ball of
- light hovering over an empty field.
- --Roswell, NM January 07, 2002 2107 hrs. (Mountain)
- Description: A man and his son see a dramatically bright
- moving from south to north very rapidly. They could hear
(!!) the meteor as
- they watched it pass overhead.
- --Cape Girardeau, MO January 26, 2002 2145 hrs. (Central)
- Description: A radar patrol officer witnesses an unlighted,
- object, move across the highway. He points his radar
gun at the object, but
- gets no return. He pursues it, but it disappears.
- --California Desert January 31, 2002 0530 hrs. (Pacific)
- Description: A senior INS Border Patrol officer and
his dog witness a disc
- pass over their patrol vehicle very rapidly. Peculiar
sound emanates from
- it. Seconds later, another dozen are witnessed.
- --Salem, OR March 29, 2002 1920 hrs. (Pacific)
- Description: Three teenagers witness several extremely
bright lights in the
- evening sky above an empty field. The object is a triangular,
- It suddenly changes color, turns, and streaks off.
- --Bakersfield, CA March 29, 2002 2130 hrs. (Pacific)
- Description: A young couple, driving south on Interstate
- 100 miles north of Bakersfield, witness a triangular
shaped craft moving
- slowly above nearby houses, illuminating them.
- --Yuma, AZ March 30, 2002 1430 hrs. (Pacific)
- Description: A group of boaters on the Colorado River,
- miles north of Yuma, witness three, bright, disc-shaped
objects in the sky.
- Two more suddenly appear. All streak north.
- --Andrews AFB/Waldorf, MD* July 26, 2002 01:30 hrs.
- Description: Many people awakened by multiple launches
of F-16 fighters, on
- afterburner, out of Andrews AFB. Many witnesses see two
- high-speed, low-altitude pursuit of "red ball of
- --Meriwether Co., GA* April 13, 2003 19:45 hrs. (Eastern)
- Description: Three adults are driving in a rural area
of Georgia, when all
- three become aware of flashing lights behind their vehicle.
- vehicle is filled with small spheres of red light.
- --Kingfisher, OK March 21, 2004 19:26 hrs. (Central)
- Description: Two young women, both college students
witness two very bright
- lights in the night sky, which suddenly descend. The
object appeared to
- land. Other cars parked along the highway.
- --Omaha, NE March 25, 2004 19:00 hrs. (Central)
- Description: The crew of an airliner report seeing four
- objects, which remain visible ahead of the aircraft for
- Objects did not appear on FAA radar during the entire