- Hello Jeff - I am going over documents searching for
more information on the 66/67 experiment on deer in colorado by the US
Army cofinanced by British Burroughs Welcome. Lo and Behold I came upon
the experiment below. Could Mad Cow i.e. BSE in cattle have originated
from such experiments? After the cattle were slaughtered it is quite possible
that the environment was contaminated with infective prions and, ergo Mad
Cow emerges. The timing of the US experiment was preBSE, 1979. My guess
is that the UK was also doing this type of experiment.
- I wrote to Dr. Narang and hope he will get back to me.
Perhaps, he can find out more about the
- Burroughs Welcome experiments.
- When I read about these types of experiments on animals
that shortly after the experiment develop a brand new, alien illness, I
have to ask myself, if the new illness hasn't developed as a result of
- Experiment in Mission Texas:
- The clinical signs of Downer Cow Syndrome were presented
by cattle inoculated intracerebrally in 1979 with Scrapie-agents in Mission,
Texas. When slaughtered 43, 44, or 73 days later their brain did not (yet?;
a.) show the histological findings of Spongiform Encephalopathy. But inoculated
into mice it produced central nervous system signs in them. And tissue
from the cattle were found to be positive for prion protein , indicative
of Spongiform Encephalopathy.
- Patricia A. Doyle, PhD
- Please visit my "Emerging Diseases" message
board at: http://www.clickitnews.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=emergingdiseases
- Zhan le Devlesa tai sastimasa
- Go with God and in Good Health