- Did You Witness Norwood UFO?
Florence Resident Seeks Peoiple Who Saw Object In '49
- FLORENCE - Kenny Young is
searching for people who may have seen a UFO in Norwood many moons ago.
- Young, a Florence resident, says he's trying to find
proof of 10 UFO sightings in Norwood from August 1949 to March 1950. "If
we're going to get critical information on it, we'll have to get it fast
because it's such an old story," said Young.
- Young is studying reports of an unidentified flying object
that he says was first seen and logged by searchlight operator Donald Berger
Aug. 19, 1949. Berger, now dead, was operating the light for the festival
at SS. Peter and Paul Church (now Holy Trinity Church) at Drex Avenue and
Montgomery Road that evening.
- The object, according to newspaper accounts, was also
observed by the late Dr. Paul Herget, then director of the Cincinnati Observatory.
Historian John Ventre is tracing the history of the observatory and said
information on what Herget saw will be included in that research.
- After Berger's UFO sighting, clergy members, scientists,
astronomers and military personnel went to the church in the next seven
months and saw the object, Young said he has learned through news accounts
- Art Veser, 77, lived next door to Berger. Veser went
with Berger to the church in October that year to see it for himself.
- "He turned on the searchlight and there was something
up there, but I wasn't too impressed," said Veser. "It could
have been a cloud."
- Berger told Veser there had been flashes of light shooting
from the object on past nights, but it didn't happen while Veser was there.
- Photos of the object can be seen at http://home.fuse.net/ufo/norwoodphotos.
If you have information, contact Young at (513) 588-4548 or email@example.com.
- End of article -- UFO Research http://home.fuse.net/ufo