- Source: La Cuarta (Santiago de Chile)
- June 30, 2004
- CHILE: UFOS Reported in Llay-Llay
- The Center for the Study of Anomalous Aerial Phenomena
(CEFAA) of the General Office of Civil Aeronautics (DGAC) shall study the
strange aerial phenomenon reported at 7:20 a.m.
- Several UFOs flew and executed pirouettes before daybreak
yesterday some 60 kilometers northeast of Santiago, in the vicinity of
Llay-Lkay and Las Chilcas, where they were photographs by Juan Serey, 37,
who was driving a pickup truck toward the capital.
- The witness told La Cuarta that he has spent 9 years
driving the same route from the north along the highway on a weekly basis,
and had never seen anything like this.
- "It was incredible. I was driving southward when
I suddenly noticed several powerful lights moving swiftly and hanging in
the sky. It was spectacular," remarked the mechanical engineer. The
phenomenon lasted approximately 10 minutes, which gave him enough time
to whip out his Sony Cybershot 3.2 megapixel camera, using it to take several
photos which are published in La Cuarta today.
- "The lights were suspended some 50 meters over the
mountaintop. A large light opened up and seven or ten would gather. They
adopted various shape, fell out of order, would rearrange themselves together
and then one of them took off skyward at a prodigious speed, zigzagging
as it went, vanishing in a matter of seconds," said Juan, who shall
be submitting the photos shortly to persons who study the subject.
- Translation (c) 2004. Scott Corrales, Institute of Hispanic
Ufology (IHU). Special thanks to Liliana Núñez O.