- FALLUJA, Iraq (Reuters) -
Guerrillas have shot down a U.S. helicopter during fierce clashes in the
western Iraqi city of Ramadi and three on board have been killed, says
an Iraqi police officer in the city.
- Several witnesses also said a helicopter was shot down.
- The police officer said the aircraft came down near the
eastern entrance of the city and burst into flames. He said the area had
been sealed off by U.S. troops.
- A U.S. military spokeswoman said on Wednesday she did
not have any information on the report.
- At least five Iraqis were killed in the clashes in the
city, Iyad Mohammed, a doctor at Ramadi's hospital, said. He said they
included three brothers who were killed in their car by a roadside bomb
planted to target U.S. patrols.