- We at the National Institute for Discovery Science have
come to a time in which a decision must be made as to the direction of
the Institute. We have labored long and hard, coming to the conclusion
to place NIDS in an inactive status.
- The reasons for this decision are as follows:
- 1. We have not had the need to do any major investigative
work for well over 2 12 years.
- 2. In view of that fact we decided to reduce our staff.
- 3. Our administrator, Colm Kelleher, has taken a position
outside of Nevada to do cancer research. Colm's ambition has always been
to do cancer research and was employed in this field prior to his employment
with NIDS. We are sorry to see him leave.
- It is unfortunate that there isn't more activity, as
there was in the past, that warrants investigation. However, we will still
retain our Secretary/Receptionist who will remain at NIDS to answer your
calls. Her name is Mary Allman and can be reached at (702) 798-1700. She
will be talking daily to Mr. Bigelow's assistants Janice and Donna.
- Should substantial activity occur with a need for investigation
then NIDS will be reactivated with new personnel.
- Robert T. Bigelow
- From Ron Regehr
- After tens of thousands of dollars invested with precious
little to show for it, real-estate tycoon Robert T. Bigelow has decided
to withdraw from the quest for truth regarding the extraterrestrial presence
on Earth. What will happen to the records/reports/data generated during
the past few years? Is a paucity of UFO activity really the reason for
NIDS "inactive" status? Mr. Bigelow's statement raises more questions.
- Ron Regehr
- Co-state Director