- Did the voting machines trump exit polls? There,s a way
to find out.
- Black Box Voting (.ORG) is conducting the largest Freedom
of Information action in history. At 8:30 p.m. Election Night, Black Box
Voting blanketed the U.S. with the first in a series of public records
requests, to obtain internal computer logs and other documents from 3,000
individual counties and townships.
- Networks called the election before anyone bothered to
perform even the most rudimentary audit.
- America: We have permission to say No to this. It is
- We call on every candidate not to concede. Don't play
along. It is your right.
- Among the first requests sent to counties (with all kinds
of voting systems -- optical scan, touch-screen, and punch card) is a formal
records request for internal audit logs, polling place results slips, modem
transmission logs, and computer trouble slips.
- Such a request filed in King County, Washington on Sept.
15, following the primary election six weeks ago, uncovered an internal
audit log containing a three-hour deletion on election night; "trouble
slips revealing suspicious modem activity; and profound problems with security,
including accidental disclosure of critically sensitive remote access information
to poll workers, office personnel, and even, in a shocking blunder, to
Black Box Voting activists.
- Black Box Voting is a nonpartisan, nonprofit consumer
protection group for elections. You may view the first volley of below
- Freedom of Information requests here.
- Responses from public officials will be posted in the
forum , organized by state and county, so that any news organization or
citizens group has access to the information. Black Box Voting will assist
in analysis, by providing expertise in evaluating the records.
- Watch for the records online; Black Box Voting will be
posting the results as they come in. And by the way, these are not free.
The more donations we get, the more FOIAs we are empowered to do. Time's
- We look forward to seeing you participate in this process.
Join us in evaluating the previously undisclosed inside information about
how our voting system works.
- Play a part in reclaiming transparency. It's the only