- Is this why everything's so mangled? Is this why we're
- Is this why we're so damned confused and bothered and
itchy and wondering why we are ever at each others' throats and ever
in each others' direction and ever sighing heavily and wishing we could
somehow have a magic glimpse into the year 2124 to see how the hell we
survive it all?
- Because there remains this astonishing and yet ever
fact: all the major cities of America, the great cultural centers and the
places with the most concentrated populations and the most extraordinary
restaurants and the highest percentage of college graduates and the most
progressive laws and the truest sense of the arts and food and sex and
music and dance and money and technology and lubricant and drugs and porn
and love and fashion and spirituality, well, it seems they all voted
- True. From terrorism-ravaged New York to Botox-ravaged
Los Angeles, Chicago to San Francisco, Philly to Portland, Seattle and
Miami and Boston and Minneapolis and Detroit -- blue as the sky, blue as
the Danube, blue as the color of your soul-crushin' wine-slammin'
postelection melancholy ....
- go here to read the rest -