- National Council of LaRaza confirms that Alberto Gonzales
is one of their members. Those of us in border states know the slogan
of this group:
- "For those within 'the race,' everything; for those
outside 'the race,' nothing."
- The definition of "the race" of course, is
"Hispanics/Latinos/Chicanos" or whatever their current name du
jour. Should a "white" candidate be a member of the KuKluxKlan
or other white supremacist group, the National Council of La Raza would
scream in outrage. Seems they believe that racists are only
- Contact your two US Senators and tell them no, no, no.
NO on Alberto Gonzales for Attorney General and NO for the US Supreme
Court. When candidates for office (elected and appointed) are rejected
for membership in racist groups like LaRaza, membership will become a
- To send an e-mail to your US Senators, go to
and you'll find their website email forms. You'll also find the phone
numbers of their offices for a follow-up phone call.
- NCLR WELCOMES NOMINATION OF GONZALES TO SERVE AS
- WASHINGTON, DC - The National
Council of La Raza (NCLR), the largest national Hispanic civil rights and
advocacy organization in the U.S., today welcomed President Bush's
of White House Counsel Alberto Gonzales to succeed John Ashcroft as
General. If confirmed, Gonzales would be the first Hispanic ever to serve
as Attorney General.
- "We are very encouraged by the Gonzales nomination.
We previously criticized the Bush Administration for not having an Hispanic
in the cabinet since the departure of former HUD Secretary, now Senator-
elect, Mel Martinez. We are pleased that one of the first acts since the
President's reelection both rectifies that situation and marks an historic
milestone for the Latino community. Never before has an Hispanic served
as head of one of the four major cabinet posts - Secretary of State,
Defense, and Attorney General," stated Janet Murguia, NCLR Executive
Director and COO.
- Murguia also noted Gonzales' ties to the Hispanic
throughout his career. "Alberto Gonzales served with distinction on
the board of directors of one of NCLR's oldest and most respected
the Association for the Advancement of Mexican Americans (AAMA) in Houston,
Texas. Moreover, during his tenure as White House Counsel, he has been
one of the most accessible members of the White House staff to NCLR and
other Hispanic organizations," added Murguia.
- Murguia concluded, "We acknowledge that this is
the first step of a long confirmation process that requires that his record
be fully examined. That being said, Gonzales is a thoughtful, reasonable
public servant, a man of his word, and we have every expectation that his
nomination will be very well received in the Latino community."
- (Sorry! No URL furnished w/ above article.)
- In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any
work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or
for non-profit research and educational purposes only. [Ref.
- The purpose of WGEN is to encourage you to THINK
- Please post your thoughts to the WGEN board
- WGEN holds no polls, sends no attachments to list mail
& is not a discussion list. Due to AOL censor policies WGEN does not
accept subscriptions from AOL customers. To Subscribe (or unsubscribe)
send email to WGEN firstname.lastname@example.org - indicate the state you live
- NOTE: Some ISPs now use e-mail filtering software that
allows you to add e-mail addresses to your 'buddy', 'safe', or 'approved'
list. Please add us to yours. Thanks!
- --Grassroots Granny
- Great News Resources:
- Bush Revealed
- Team America
- Glenn Spencer's American Border Patrol
- The American Resistance
- Lewis News
- News With Views
- Covenant News
- Sierra Times
- Idaho Observer
- Sonoran News
- The Citizens Review On-Line
- Buy AMERICAN
- Judicial Forum
- How To Buy American
- "Federal Funds" - "Matching Funds"
- "State Funds" these are all fraudulent terms as government
in America has no funds of any kind except those funds it first takes from
the private citizen, you and me. All these so-called "funds"
are those monies government has creamed from excessive taxes (handling
fees) which they then turn around and *gift* us with (including ropes with
a hangman's noose) to coerce another level of government to hang us with.
All that *sugar* they dangle in front of the eyes of the greedy tax hogs
is filled with poison but it isn't tasted until it is too late. A spoonful
of sugar helps the poison go down.
- We would all be much better off if we would handle all
projects at the local level and didn't swallow all that *sugar*. Stop
sending your resources to Washington DC for them to siphon off those
fees" before 'gifting us' with those phoney 'matching funds'
- It is these same siphoned off funds they are handing
over to ILLEGAL INVADERS, assisting in the overthrow of America.