- On 10-12-00, I received a call regarding two major sightings
which took place in Estes Park, Colorado September and October of this
year. Estes Park is roughly 55 miles northwest of Denver, Colorado in
the Rocky Mountain National Park area. The call came from a woman, Marie
(pseudonym), who was a member of my monthly abduction support group meetings
in Colorado, which was active until my recent move to northern California.
Both sightings were witnessed by members of her family.
- On the evening of Wednesday, September 6th, 2000, Marie's
son (Jim) and daughter-in-law had dropped by their mother's house. Marie
lives in the far southeast part of Estes Park, about 4 miles south of highway
34 and Estes Lake. Highway 34 is a main highway running east/west up from
Loveland below into Estes Park.
- It was the night before Marie and her husband were to
leave on a vacation to Michigan and Marie simply wanted to go over a few
house sitting instructions before leaving the next day.
- It was around 9:00 - 9:30 PM (Mountain Daylight Time),
that the sighting occurred. Marie's son and daughter-in-law were leaving.
They had all briefly stepped out onto the front porch to say goodbye. They
had no sooner done so when Marie related that this "big white light
came up from behind the hills directly west of us, or between the hills
in front of our house. It was about the size of a full moon". The
following is a direct transcript of our conversation which followed:
- DL = Deborah Lindemann M =Marie
- M: This thing came so fast right towards us, and here
is my husband, and my new daughter-in-law and myself, we were all there
on the front porch saying "What is that?" It came right up over
the top of our heads. We were getting ready to go on vacation and of course...everything
was packed: cameras, everything! So, I just stood there and tried to see
everything about it I could, because it came right over my head! I kept
watching it; and as it went over my head, I attempted to look up into it,
and I could see a triangular shape inside this big white light. It had
kind of curved edges, I'm assuming I'm looking at the bottom it, and the
[triangular] points of it were curved. And, it had kind of squiggly markings
on it around the edges.
- DL: You could see all that?
- M: Yes, it was close!
- DL: How close do you believe you were to it? I know that's
difficult, especially at night.
- M: It is hard, but it was close enough to see this detail
on the bottom of it.
- DL: How long would you say the sighting lasted?
- M: About fifteen to maybe thirty seconds.
- DL: And what was the direction that it was moving? From
where to where?
- M: From West to East.
- DL: If you were to measure it's size visually, at arms
distance by stretching your forearm out at full, and using your index finger
and thumb to determine it's visual size, what size would you say the distance
would be between your two fingers? For example when we do this with a full
moon, the distance between our two fingers might measure an inch or so
- M: About the same size as a full moon. I was looking
at the full moon the other day thinking that this was about how large this
UFO was. Maybe a little bigger actually. Actually that's the size it was
at a distance, but as it came closer to us, it grew even larger. When it
was above our heads it was probably about the size of my fist.
- DL: Was there any sound related to this?
- M: No, totally silent.
- DL: I want to go back to your description of it when
you began relating some type of squiggly design or writing on it. Can you
tell me any more about that?
- M: Well, as this white ball of light came over our heads,
you could look right into it. It wasn't like looking into the brightness
of the sun, where you would have to squint your eyes. You could actually
look at it. And I was making every effort to look inside it, to see what
was in this ball. And what was in it was this triangle with rounded triangular
edges instead of sharp ones. Around the edges of it then were these squiggly
lines, I could almost say hieroglyphic.
- DL: That's pretty amazing that you could see such detail
on this thing which seemed to be moving pretty fast.
- M: Well, that's how close it was.
- DL: When you looked into the light and saw this triangular
shape, was it's shape quite dark, or what shade would you say it was despite
the bright light around it?
- M: It was dark gray.
- DL: When you looked at it's shape within the light, would
you say the shape was completely void of light, or would you say the light
more or less engulfed around it?
- M: The light was all around it. It was like it was within
the light. Unless you were really tempting to see what was within the light,
I don't think you would notice.
- DL: And would you say this UFO was a perfect triangle
in shape, with all sides being equal, other than the fact that the edges
- M: No, two sides were longer, and one side was shorter.
It was like the end was shorter.
- DL: So it was more like an elongated triangle. All right,
now describing the squiggly lines further, or hieroglyphic-like markings,
can you describe that any further? How did that show up against that dark
- M: The squiggly's were a bit lighter than the body color
and I think that's how it showed up.
- DL: Was it only on one side or where?
- M: All the way around.
- DL: Describe once more how you saw it, how it moved and
how it disappeared from your line of sight?
- M: It seemed to come at continual speed. Later my friend
and I drove to the area where we believe it first came into view, which
was about 2 miles away. It was just a little south of the mountain tram
that runs in Estes Park. When it first appeared it didn't come from just
out of the sky, but seemed to come up from behind the hills that were in
front of us. In that direction we have several mountain ranges that sort
of ripple in front of each other. This thing appeared to come up from between
two sets of mountains. Because when we saw it rise up, there was a larger
mountain chain behind it, and a lower set of mountains in front of it.
It came at us so fast, that we had no time to think. As it got closer,
it just passed directly over our house and over my head. That's why I had
such a good view of it.
- DL: And after it passed over your heads, what happened
- M: It just continued on at the speed it was traveling,
and none of us even thought to run out back and see if it was still visible.
- Second Sighting
- Marie's son and daughter-in-law shared a second Estes
Park, Colorado sighting. This just involved the two of them, and took place
less than a month later on Sunday October 1, 2000. Ironically, the two
would never have related or remembered the second sighting, except that
Marie had unintentionally triggered their memories. Marie casually mentioned
their family's earlier sighting and this suddenly jogged their memories
of it all. They were amazed that they had forgotten this. They began to
relate the following. They both stated that this sighting was even more
frightening than the one they all witnessed together. The following is
a direct transcript of what Marie stated they told her.
- M: They were both round eyed as my daughter-in-law told
this story. "We were both heading home from your house. We were just
going by Mary's Lake [one of many Lakes just outside the Rocky Mountain
National Park area] and had gone by the lodge and were driving home, and
suddenly Jim slammed on the breaks and said, 'Look over there!' "
- What they saw was this absolutely huge thing "just
hanging in the sky!" He said it looked like "two giant eighteen
wheelers, with trailers, end to end. That's how big it was!" It was
in the sky just below mountain level. When I asked him the shape, he said
"I don't think I can tell you because I think we were looking at the
side of it". [note: Estes Park is a valley, and if you're up high
on one mountain side of the valley looking across the valley, a UFO could
be airborne above the ground, and below the mountains, yet be at eye level
to the observer across the valley.] Then they told me, "We looked
at each other in disbelief, and when we looked back over it was gone...just
that quickly!" The UFO would have been quite a few miles south of
- DL: Was this at night?
- M: Yes. This was also probably 7 - 9:00 PM. They come
over quite often to visit and typically leave around that time. I asked
my daughter-in-law what they did after the UFO disappeared and she said,
"Well, we went on home, but all I could do was hold on to Jim and
shake." I asked them whether they told anyone about the sighting and
they said, "No, we just forgot all about it." I said, "And
you two never thought of it again?" And she stated, "No, not
until you just asked us about our earlier sighting". I asked whether
they had any missing time, and they said "No, we just went right home
and that was it".
- DL: Was there any other descriptive detail about this
thing, besides just "two eighteen wheelers"?
- M: They said it had two blue lights and a red light on
- DL: But it was the size of two eighteen wheeler with
trailers end to end?
- M: Yes. It scared them so badly. My son actually said,
"I'm going to get guns; I'm going to be ready". This is so strange,
because this is my son who I've raised to be a pretty peaceful guy. I was
shocked at his militant reaction but then he said, "Oh I've seen a
lot of them now". I asked him what he meant and he related, "Well,
I didn't tell you, but a few weeks ago I saw another one. It was a regular
typical disc. It was over by Lake Estes, but this one didn't scare us like
this last sighting".
- They both told me that as they were looking at this thing
just hanging in the sky, that they instinctively felt "It knew we
were there, that we had noticed it". If you knew my son, you'd know
how weird this is to hear coming from him.
- DL: So, did they relate how it left or disappeared? Did
it just shoot away?
- M: No, it just winked out, or at least left quickly enough
that it was gone when they immediately looked back.
- I would be open to any feedback on this sighting or if
other's have seen anything similar in the area or elsewhere. You can email
me at: CNIDebra@aol.com or visit my website (Center For Extraordinary Explorations)
Site Served by TheHostPros