- I wonder what happened to the meat from the deer. We
know the hunter submitted a sample from the mule deer buck killed last
month, but what did he do with the meat?
- There have now been TWO CWD deer identified in El Paso
County, Colorado. How many others are positive for CWD and not identified?
- Once again, we see CWD found in new territory. It has
been found in over 30 states to date and is slowly but surely spreading
across the rest of America.
- (No one knows how long the symtomless stage of CWD can
last in deer. Hunters in some states have
- been told 'not to shoot and eat deer that act strangely'
when, in fact, a CWD deer in the first half of CWD infection may appear
perfectly normal, while others may be carriers for years. We just don't
know. What common sense does tell us, however, is that it is time to stop
eating deer meat. Furthermore, it is surmised that Mad Cow is similarly
extant throughout the US beef and dairy industry, but no one seems to be
talking about that. -ed)
- Patricia Doyle
- Deer At Fort Carson Had Wasting Disease
- From Rocky Mountain News
- A mule deer buck killed last month [December 2004] by
a hunter at
- Fort Carson has tested positive for chronic wasting disease
- the state Division of Wildlife has confirmed.
- Fort Carson is the farthest south that wildlife officials
- the disease along the Front Range.
- Kathi Green, Colorado wildlife division disease coordinator,
- adult mule deer buck was the 2nd one to be tested for
- disease in El Paso County.
- A hunter who shot the deer last month [December 2004]
- sample to the wildlife division for testing. The Veterinary
- Diagnostics Laboratory at Colorado State University confirmed
- [28 Jan 2005] that the animal had the disease.
- A Colorado Springs resident reported a sick deer to the
- division last April . That animal also tested positive
- disease, officials said.
- Patricia A. Doyle, PhD Please visit my "Emerging
Diseases" message board at: http://www.clickitnews.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?
Zhan le Devlesa tai sastimasa
Go with God and in Good Health