- I have just received the very sad news that UFO Researcher
Kenny Young has passed on after a long and heroic fight with leukemia at
the terribly young age of 38.
- In the eleven years of doing this program and nearly
as many presenting this site, Kenny's diligence and professionalism - without
fail - epitomized the highest levels of integrity in UFO research.
- During 21 years of his sterling commitment to ufology,
Kenny was always as good as they get. His reports were rock solid and scholarly
in their collection of data, he jumped to no conclusions, and he always
conducted himself with absolute dignity - and a special kindness - which
everyone could do well to emulate.
- In the many hours I was privileged to share time with
him on the program, I always came away the better for it and proud to be
able to help present the work of someone so devoted to exploring the endless
stream of UFO reports and data.
- When the name Kenny Young came attached to a report in
my email box, I immediately gave it my full attention, knowing that I was
about to read another meticulous accounting underwritten by his sparkling
- Listening to voices is not as good as being able to meet
someone in person...something I never had the honor of doing with Kenny.
But as many of you who have heard him over the years already know, Kenny
Young's voice gave him away: he was simply one of the most decent, intelligent
and gracious human beings you would meet in this field...or any other.
- The unforgettable program we did in June of 1998 in which
Kenny played extensive excerpts from the 911 dispatch tapes which some
heroic source provided him was a landmark experience in ufo reporting.
Those tapes kept countless listeners - and yours truly - on the edge of
their seats for nearly two hours while we all 'rode along' with stunned
police officers chasing at least one treetop high craft over a good portion
of Trumbull County, Ohio.
- More recently, Kenny and co-researcher Donnie Blessing,
visited the program and reported on the frightening 'Screaming Woman' case
of Morehead, KY. Here is the short written report Kenny sent out to rense.com
before their appearance on the program:
- Jeff Rense
- 'Screaming Woman' UFO 911 Dispatch Tapes Received
From Kenny Young
- The police 9-1-1 dispatch tapes of the November 21, 2003
"Morehead, Kentucky Screaming Woman Incident" have been received.
The tapes will be made available online by the start of next week, they
contain the voice of the Skaggs Road resident nervously reporting a "woman
screaming for help" in a field behind his house. Disturbingly, the
caller states to police authorities that the woman was apparently involved
in some type of a struggle.
- In face to face discussion with this individual on Friday,
December 5, he informed researchers Donnie Blessing and Kenny Young that
the 2-minute episode of screaming consisted of 3 verbal sounds of "Help
me, Oh God, somebody help me!" and 1 long nonverbal scream.
- A UFO reportedly descended into this same field mere
moments before the screams were heard -- possibly sighted by at least 5
other witnesses from surrounding homes. One witness, a UK psychologist,
also informs that others heard the scream, including his son who said that
it sounded like "a woman being torn apart." Within 15 to 20-minutes
after the UFO departed rapidly to the west, he said, the very location
the object descended into was crawling with police and rescue workers.
- On the police tapes, rescue officers can be heard - sirens
blaring - racing into the field with spotlights to search for the screaming
woman that was never found.
- Thanks to the Morehead, Kentucky police for releasing
this data in a timely manner. The newly acquired police dispatch recordings
do not shed any new light on this case, and we are no closer to solving
this mystery, either. Details on this incident can be found at http://home.fuse.net/ufo/moreheadindex.html
- Many thanks,
- UFO Research
- Cincinnati UFO Hotline: 513-588-4548
- Kenny took extraordinary pride in his work and immersed
himself totally on our behalf in each and every case he investigated and
presented. Kenny Young was simply a superb researcher...and a very special
human being. He will be missed.
- Kenny's site - http://home.fuse.net/ufo/