- Alleged Pullout Debunked By Soldier In Iraq
- From Bob
- Our media in the US has done a good job of educating
the rest of the world. The strategy is to put some truthful element into
the story and load it with things that are difficult or impossible to confirm.
We do not have 65 military planes available to move 25,000 troops. All
troops are also shipped by plane. I doubt that 40 American ships could
be found for transport. 25,000 troops are equal to a plussed up division.
Troops that were held over for the elections are starting to move out.
They are in good spirits, though.
- Thank you for questioning bogus information.
- (Soldier on duty in Iraq)
- Original article
- In an abrupt move, American occupation forces withdrew
25,000 troops from Iraq over the weekend, according to Islam Memo.
- Citing reports from their correspondent in Basra and
other eye witnesses, more than 65 military jets left Basra airbase and
40 American ships left the port of Basra, all carrying the troops to Kuwait.
The sudden departure was also confirmed by Mr. Kamal Albasry, an administrator
in charge of Um Al-Qasr port.
- Many of the extracted troops were said to be mentally
and physically impaired, unable to continue their military duties, and
had therefore been deemed inactive. US military officials had previously
announced that some troops would be withdrawn under the guise of handing
more responsibility to the newly formed Allawi "National Guard"
however it was indicated that these would be small numbers over time, not
the significant evacuation that occurred over the weekend. There were no
official US military statment on the departure.
- Eye witnesses described the state of the departing soldiers
as one of great joy and happiness. Children were seen giving their farewell
to the departing troops by throwing stones and shouting at them.
- US Military Bans Journalists, Photographers and Cameras
- As more and more people became aware of the mass exodus
of American troops out of Basra, many came to take a peek and some with
the hopes of photographing the event. American and British occupation forces
quickly closed off all major roads leading to the city. The Americans also
prohibited journalists from approaching any military convoy. One journalist
was arrested and his camera was confiscated after he took pictures of large
numbers of American soldiers entering Basra airport on their way out of
- During the withdrawl, several fighter jets, reconnaissance
planes, and unmanned spy planes filled Basra skies over Basra. All satellite,
mobile phones and internet communications in the city were also scrambled
to black out information pertaining to the event.
- Mujahideen Bid Farewell With 30 Rockets; US Transport
- In the meantime, Mujahideen targeted the Basra airport
with an assortment of powerful rockets as well as 12mm mortar rounds while
American soldiers were withdrawing. Over 30 rockets were said to have been
fired as an act of "farewell". The number of casualties is not
- Sources in Basra reported that an American transport
plane was shot down an area east of the city as it made its final approach
towards Basra airport at about 6pm Sunday, local time after it came under
attack from ground fire. No further information on the incident is available
as of press.